Sign in to follow this  
Mssr. Bwatoe

LINCOLNS ON PARADE

I wanted to be there so badly this year with my 1924 but other unavoidable issues needed to be dealt with.

Thanks for posting these and please do some of the early cars as well.

Thanks

John Kelso

There was a time when I was planning on being there, but no longer. Maybe I'll send the remains up there and let the other cars see what happens when Lincolns misbehave. Perhaps the museum would want to put it on display as a warning to others.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The Homecoming is sponsored by the Road Race Lincoln Register, so the 50's Lincolns should be the majority.

I wish that I could have attended, it is a great event and the RRLR guys are great fun to be with. It should be a great meet wit all Ford made products being featured.

Thanks for posting photos.

Posted (edited)

Nice 80-90 ride through I-69, gets a little tricky on I-94 outside of k-zoo, Good thing to have a big powerful

motorcar!! If you putt putt, you will get run over!!   Fortunately, its only 20 miles on this hectic part of a great country ride

up and around Gull Lake.         My hats off to crew for a pleasant day..Great Visit  with Paul (40zeph) fellow buckeye, Pres J Blanchard,

Dr Roycroft,  John and Jack Sweet, Ron Corneilius to name a few.   Roycroft along with Pres Blanchard delivered a touching remembrance for our recently departed charter member

Tom Akins, also a Buckeye and as nice a guy as you'll ever meet.  

IMG_4973.JPG

IMG_4970.JPG

IMG_4969.JPG

IMG_4968.JPG

Edited by Mssr. Bwatoe (see edit history)

Tom Akins of Urchville Ohio, was a master of the H series Lincoln, here is a photo of him discussing the differences

in Zephyr hood hinges, manufacture design change, etc, at this very location a year or so ago, with his wife and several of us devotee's   

IMG_4926.JPG

Does that speedo say 80mph?!?  Wish I could have been there.  Still need a lot more work to make the three-hour drive in my Zephyr.  A new set of tires for sure before I would be brave enough to go that fast!