Sign in to follow this  
broker-len

Old Craftsman Tool

9 hours ago, Bhigdog said:

Along with  speed wrenches I have a 3/8 and 1/2 breaker bar. 

Bob   I have a 3/4 inch breaker bar and sockets too that I bought long time ago when I was working on 4 WD trucks.  It comes in handy to turn engines over too. Not used much anymore.

I have used the speed wrench in the late 50's but nothing beats the large "T" handle with the fixed 2' extension for removing Ford flat head bolts.

I frequently use my speed wrench for putting in phillips head wood screws and the sliding T handle  with a 9 inch extension and socket for nuts and bolts.

I am not a fan of cordless tools.  I would rather use pneumatic tools or electric power tools with a cord that have an endless amount of electricity provide by the nuclear power plant attached to the other end of the cord.

I collected older US and/European-made tools for some years, and I have quite a few of the older "speed wrenches," as I grew up calling them. Not long ago I decided to sell some of the excess tools, to make room in my shop for things that I need for restoring my collector cars. I took several older USA-made name-brand speed wrenches to local swap meets & flea markets, priced them at $5 or less. Don't think I sold more than one or two out of the pile. Sad.