1933 dodge sedan throw out bearing needed

Sactownog

So there are no numbers on the Bearing, there are on the part that holds the bearing. so it was basically usless to try and search for a new part or bearing. 

I rushed over to the local recommended transmission shop and gave it to the owner who will be pressing off the old bearing, measuring and then finding a new bearing. should be easy to find. figured I would let the pro's handle this part. 

On 8/7/2019 at 12:57 PM, Sactownog said:

So there are no numbers on the Bearing, there are on the part that holds the bearing. so it was basically usless to try and search for a new part or bearing. 

I rushed over to the local recommended transmission shop and gave it to the owner who will be pressing off the old bearing, measuring and then finding a new bearing. should be easy to find. figured I would let the pro's handle this part. 

If not I may have one.....

found the part number on the old bearing, MADE IN USA (SEE PICTURE) it came off in 3 pieces so the bearing was toast. 

also, the flywheel is kind of beat up, I will need to source a new one due to heat cracks. 

if anyone has a source for flywheel and clutch I would be appreciative for the help. 

20190814_165538.jpg

20190814_165928.jpg

Ask for Dave.... https://clutchesunlimited.com/

He may be able to resurface your flywheel and heat a new ring gear on and rebalance...he also has new pilot bearings, rebuilds pressure plates and reline clutches.

GLWT

Edited by Surf City '38 (see edit history)

I seem to remember Graham, I ran into the same problem, BCA C2's (now owned by NTN) did not cross correctly, once I got the Timken in hand...there was a difference and I had to go back to BCA...the taper was off, I'm thinking.

They, BCA, had to pull the records from the 30's to match mine up, get the size from then and then I was able to match it to Timken in terms of OD and ID. I might have a photo in my thread.

Edited by Surf City '38 (see edit history)

OK, The Hollander. BCA C2 same as BCA 01505, CWY48, 4105AH. Crosses to ATB & The Hollander A776; AETNA RT10;  BJI  N909.

A776 = Federal 207CTC. On the Federal cross ref. web site, this crosses to National 1505. National is a Timken brand.

Timken 1505 is a single row clutch release bearing, i.e. thrust bearing; bore 1.4995", OD 2.7344", width 0.7005"

• Like 1