recommend source for duplicating mid 50s colors

john ventimiglia

I have had mixed results with local, auto paint matching in my area of southern Maine.

I am in process of restoring a 1953  model 50 Estate Wagon in Terrace Green with interior paint of Verde Green and Petral Gray.

Is there a file of historic Buick colors translated to contemporary paint color matching?

Does the Buick Club make recommendations?

Too much to wish for? perhaps

Perhaps a member can direct me to a reliable business in my area or regionally?.

I live in Portland.

Thank you or any help

JohnV

Tower Paint will mix up and make an aerosol can of paint to match the paint code of your car. They have a web site and I have been pleased with their product. www.autocolorlibrary.com is a good place to look up original paint names, colors, and codes. If your local paint store can't use those resources and/or an original paint color chart (they are available on Ebay) to mix up the correct paint for your car, then you need to find another paint store.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, TX.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, john ventimiglia said:

Thank you both for helping me out. I shall follow up with the paint companies you recommended.

Am looking forward to trying out some rattle cans of the three colors needed by my '53 Super Estate Wagon.

Yours,

JohnV

John: Glad you are making progress on your woody. I was in Brunswick the other day at the book store and I pointed out your house to my wife. I told her there was a Buick woody in the pantry. (I always point out things like that because it makes me seem a bit closer to normal) . I think it has been over twenty years since Dave Buckman and I were at your house. Still remember that your are a great cook. I am headed up to Wells for the Woody meet this weekend. Maybe I will see you there. Dave is bringing his '52 Buick Super woody.