Do you use Reatta Owners Journal?

It makes me happy to hear that people are using the information on ROJ. That lets me know the work I put into it is worthwhile.  I intend to add more information to it soon.  If anyone has anything they would like to see added to ROJ please let me know.

Barney, thanks for all the information  you have contributed to ROJ over the years.  Without you, Padgett and all the others on this forum who have provided information and photos there would be no ROJ.   I no longer think of ROJ as just MY website. It is OUR website, a website that was built with the help of the members of this forum. I'm just the guy behind the curtain who pulls the levers to keep it going.  The encouragement and support from this forum is what motivates me to do that.

I've updated the Forum on ROJ so anyone can now sign in and post questions or comments about the How-to guides and tutorials.  The ROJ forum was closed for a long time but it's now back open again.  I invite you all to join it.  A lot of you already are members there. If you have trouble signing in let me know and I will be glad to help.

Hey, look at my first posted messages, one was an offer to buy a CD from you having all the files.    One issue with selling CD's or DVD's whatever, might be copyrights of the contributors.   Lucky, the contributors were never out for money, just to help others.   But still, get them to sign off on copyright.   I ponder someday something breaks on my Reatta, and the website is gone or my computer is broke, etc.    What is the value to me of having DVD of all the ROJ contents ??    It means I don't have to re-learn tons of stuff.    I'd go $100 to have ROJ on DVD.  That's what I think of it.

9 hours ago, ChrisWhewell said:

I ponder someday something breaks on my Reatta, and the website is gone or my computer is broke, etc.   

As a Reatta owner I have wondered about the same thing myself.  It got me to thinking about how I could make ROJ better for someone who didn't have access to a computer.  Especially someone who is broke down on the side of the road.  That prompted me to start upgrading ROJ to make it more accessible with a cellphone.  ROJ doesn't look much different after this last upgrade but a lot has changed internally to make it easily accessible with a cellphone.  Those changes sure did help me when I needed to use ROJ this past weekend.  

I was sitting at a red light and a warning popped up on the CRT that said "Electrical Problem Detected".  Seeing that made me feel real uneasy and wonder if the engine was gong to quit even though it was still running good. I stopped as soon as I could and checked diagnostics.  I had a code E024.  I wasn't for sure what that code meant but I was able to access ROJ right there on the spot with my phone and looked it up . The code E024 turned out to be a speed sensor problem. Being able to look up that code on my phone and know that it wasn't something that was going to stop the engine from running allowed me to continue on with my 150 mile trip through the mountains instead of having to turn around in the middle of my trip and head back home. That piece of mind was worth a lot to me.  Having a whole stack of CDs or DVDs in the car with me wouldn't have given me much help while I was on the road.  Maybe the FSM I carry in the trunk would have but who wants to scan through that monster for an hour in 95* weather when what I needed could be found in less than 5 minutes on my phone?

9 hours ago, ChrisWhewell said:

I'd go $100 to have ROJ on DVD.  That's what I think of it.

I'm glad you like ROJ and find it useful.  It's not necessary to spend that kind of money to have access to the information on ROJ.  Making just a small donation every now and then to help defray the cost of maintaining ROJ is the best way to ensure it will be there when it's needed.  I make backups of the the website often so if there was a crash I don't think much would be lost.  I have no intention of ever charging anyone for the information on ROJ.

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

This is my first post to this forum and I am a new Reatta owner. (Hi, everybody!) Part of what helped me decide that this was my dream car was the wealth of information on your website, Ronnie. It made me realize there is a devoted fanbase for this wonderful car, and I'm glad to be a part of it.

2 hours ago, Josh B. said:

This is my first post to this forum and I am a new Reatta owner. (Hi, everybody!) Part of what helped me decide that this was my dream car was the wealth of information on your website, Ronnie. It made me realize there is a devoted fanbase for this wonderful car, and I'm glad to be a part of it.

Welcome to the forum John!  I'm glad you find ROJ useful. Comments like yours are what keeps it going.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/27/2019 at 6:24 PM, Josh B. said:

I echo what Josh B said.  I am a new Reatta owner too as of a couple weeks ago and have already used ROJ quite a bit.  Thanks for keeping it going.  I plan to make a donation as soon as the budget allows.

• Like 2