stock dist vs rebuilt improved types

i am wondering has any one from this site used any different Distr, mods have 2 69s a LeSabre 350/400 trans an A Electra 430/400trans it has the pertronix set up , the leSabre has stock setup points an coil, i 've heard about the HIE conversion up grade done by (DAVE:S SMALL BODY)out of Calif ??? How much better is that conversion cost Around $200.00 Using ur dist, compared to the Pertronics ????? I have HAd no problems with the (pertronox Flame thro coil-set up on my Electra 430, so am wondering if the $$$$$$S different is worth it????????? thinkin of changin the LeSAbre stock set up , to something else , need some feed back from some one who has been there an done that !!!!!!!!!! Thanx Thom

I have Pertronix in my '68 GS 400, and '70 GSX and used it in my '70 Skylark race car with no problem, I have since installed a MSD billet dist in the race car, that is a awesome piece of work, but may be overkill for a street car. You can use the '75 and up HEI but usually have to run a direct 12V to it, I tried one and had no better results than with the Pertronix in the stock dist.

Just my .02.

I agree with Buick Racer. If you are in a street/show application, the HEI will do fine. I use a Crane Cams Fireball Ignition with the stock coil in my 70 Electra with the 455 and I achieve 18-20 mpg on the highway as long as I'm not tempted to open all four barrels! Powers up to about 380 HP and torque at around 510-515 with the TH-400 3 speed auto. That's with 44,500 original miles on the 33 year old motor. I run 93 Amoco Ultimate with lead additive with no seperate octane additive necessary. I did need it before the Fireball though, I used 108 octane boost or she would knock. Good Luck

My 1969 Electra 225 Custom Convertible runs 15.35 @ 91 on points, no mods. except dual exhaust, stock manifolds, 2.73 Posi. What kind of gain can I expect to get with an HEI.

Do you have a 3 series posi for the Electra? 3.23; 3.91; or a riv GS 3.42 that would fit?