Sign in to follow this  
auburnseeker

As close as Cadillac could come to the first smart car

Someone had way too good a time back in the 1960's.

Greg in Canada

I don't necessarily agree with what was done and it was probably just a used car when it was done,  but you know I have seen worse proportions on professionally built cars.   I'm somewhat impressed that they utilized all the trim.  If this was black and not such a crazy non cadillac color I think it would look a whole lot different. 

I also bet there is a good chance this might have been made in that craze in the late 80's when guys were shortening 4 door wagons into 2 doors. 

Made me think of the Beatle's Yellow Submarine!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I recoiled in horror, but primarily for the bubba's use of rubber fuel hose and a gyppo $2 soft-plastic fuel filter between the fuel pump and carb.  I've gotta hard-plumb every fuel line in an engine compartment.  I've been known to occasionally use a plastic fuel filter in the vicinity of a rear-mounted fuel tank, but NOT in the engine compartment.

• Like 1

Well, It put a smile on my face.

I agree somebody had a good time doing this.

motormart

• Like 2

The more you look at it,  kind of reminds me of a really high end luxury metropolitan.  Would have been nice for finding parking spots in NY city back in the day instead of trying to park your 75 Series sedan. 

Looks like something from the Disney Cars movie!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

The more you look at it,  kind of reminds me of a really high end luxury metropolitan.  Would have been nice for finding parking spots in NY city back in the day instead of trying to park your 75 Series sedan. 

That would work today, with all these new narrow lot houses being built and high-density/high-end condominiums being built in city downtowns that are going through gentrification.

Craig

Cartoon Cadillac, as long as they've gone this far, might as well make it a roadster to finish it.  Yes, the proportions are way off.  

Some one said 'chop it' but in the wrong direction.

Fun stuff alright.