As close as Cadillac could come to the first smart car

auburnseeker

I don't necessarily agree with what was done and it was probably just a used car when it was done,  but you know I have seen worse proportions on professionally built cars.   I'm somewhat impressed that they utilized all the trim.  If this was black and not such a crazy non cadillac color I think it would look a whole lot different. 

I also bet there is a good chance this might have been made in that craze in the late 80's when guys were shortening 4 door wagons into 2 doors. 

I recoiled in horror, but primarily for the bubba's use of rubber fuel hose and a gyppo $2 soft-plastic fuel filter between the fuel pump and carb.  I've gotta hard-plumb every fuel line in an engine compartment.  I've been known to occasionally use a plastic fuel filter in the vicinity of a rear-mounted fuel tank, but NOT in the engine compartment.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

The more you look at it,  kind of reminds me of a really high end luxury metropolitan.  Would have been nice for finding parking spots in NY city back in the day instead of trying to park your 75 Series sedan. 

That would work today, with all these new narrow lot houses being built and high-density/high-end condominiums being built in city downtowns that are going through gentrification.

Craig