Buick_daughter

Buick items on American Pickers!

16 hours ago, Mark Wetherbee said:

Years ago, I had a 1912 Buick roadster gas tank for sale at the Amherst NH flea market - this was 1981 or 82, I was still in school - this tank was perfect for making a speedster and the price was right as I had sold the two brass scripts of its ends and didn’t want it. As we were packing to go get lunch, a guy came up with a reasonable offer and asked if we would hang around for him to pick it up from the field. When he gets back, he’s driving a 1966 Corvette convertible and puts this somewhat grungy old gas tank right on the WHITE passenger seat!

Im with Jack and call BS on your “car guy” bashing...  

I used to go to that flea market in the 70’s and early 80’s. My dad would bring his Corvettes. Usually the 58, 63 swc and the 71 Lt1, but others sometimes also. My favorite memory is driving the 58 from Goffstown to there, as a teen. Only times I was allowed to drive it were to bring it there and in local parades. My all time favorite car. Wish he still had it.  

On 8/9/2019 at 10:43 AM, JACK M said:

Kind of opposite thinking for me. This is something a wife would say. (don't take that the wrong way please)

A true car guy (insert go cart racer guy) would say if it needs moving, load er up.

But I have owned very few cars with white interiors. Learned that car guys shouldn't own ANYTHING white.

Except white Imperials Jack? 😉

AP’s would have loved the mess in Texas. I can’t tell you how many well meaning friends and family told me to call them. Knowing it was really just a show, and it would only waste my time and not really help me with the situation, I never called. 

I’m really surprised how many people thought calling them, Gas Monkey, or some other TV shows would help. 

It’s fun TV IMO, but nothing more. 

To the original OP, I can’t play the video, but hope you had fun with the show. 

If everything was neat and organized someone could break in and take the good stuff right away! My grandfather taught me how to avoid THAT vulnerability.

To the TV shows, I told my dog we were watching the Arts & Entertainment Channel. He keeps looking at me with that "when does the Arts part start?" look.

image.png.b4cb4ed298a10b86664129b866b03dd2.png

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:49 AM, victorialynn2 said:

Except white Imperials Jack? 😉

As you know, it needed cleaning and needed to be gone.

Rear upholstery noticeably cleaner than the front.

IM002165.JPG

IM002163.JPG

IM002162.JPG

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.43b42546e2cc0ca48cca7a3b9f83d0b1.png

I looked back and noticed the bag of kitty litter. That's not from the Wildcats. It is from the Jaguars. They leak!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/8/2019 at 1:55 PM, John348 said:

On 8/7/2019 at 4:21 PM, D Yaros said:

Where is it "documented that Danielle has her own shop and doesn't really work for them, she's an actress playing a part?"  First I have heard of that being so.  Interesting and would like to refer to the source for more info.  

That has been common knowledge for some time. It is a TV show for entertainment, and have been successful in convincing viewers it is real. Did you ever wonder how come the camera man just happens to be in both places when exactly when the phone rings?

Well, the statement that Danielle of Pickers is not an employee, but a hired actress, has bugged me for a while.  Today I did more investigation re: this assertion.

I thought, "if she is an actress she should have stage/screen credits?"  So lets check that out.  I went to the Internet Movie Database.  What I came up with is a single credit for producing a documentary in 2016.

==> https://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=Danielle Colby Cushman &ref_=nv_sr_sm

What I did learn is that she was a roller derby team member and owner.  She also is a burlesque dancer.

==> http://www.kiwireport.com/picked-life-danielle-colby

Evidently what she is not is a hired actress.

Edited by D Yaros (see edit history)

I doubt she runs the store and I suspect that she gets paid to be on TV.

• Thanks 1