REVERB

arnulfo de l.a.

Those of you that have them, what your opinion of them? Do they last? How is the sound? I remember hearing some 8 track tapes back in the 70's that were recorded in reverb and I liked it.  Never heard an actual reverb in person. I ask because I have one that I had repaired over ten years ago. I have everything, box, switch and wiring harness. Never installed it. Wondering if it's worth the trouble of installing. Now that I got my antenna fixed I'm going to install the REDIRAD setup and was considering trying out this reverb. Thanks for sharing the knowledge men! 

It’s somewhat of a novelty.  It produces an echo effect which was kind of cool back in the day.  Of all the GM divisions, Pontiac promoted it the most and you see more Ponchos at shows with it than any other make.

On the first gen Riv’s, the switch was located to the right of the steering column below the dash.  Not the best place for one.  It looks “add on” IMO.  Pontiac did a much better job of integrating the switch in their dash.

If you have all the parts, I would go go for it!

It interupts the signal from your antenna and replaces it with the signal from your - SiriusXM tuner, Smartphone, Sony Walkman, or whatever device that youre using to store or stream music.  The only thing that's visible, when you want it to be, is the pin connector that you olug into your device.  Time to sell your car? Plug your antenna wire back into the radio and take the RediRad with you.  It's about as simple and complete as you can get.

Call Matt and talk to him about it.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Thanks for the info on Redirad.  Sounds like a neat solution!

I had my stock AM/FM radio rebuilt last year by Precision Radio, in Ithaca NY.  They added an iPod input (mini-jack), so I can connect my phone or MP3 player and play tunes through the radio. The cabling/jack is hidden in the console.  All I do is open the console lid and plug the phone in.  As soon as I plug it in the radio switches automatically to the source connected; no selecting a specific FM station or anything like that.

The nice thing is that the connection is hidden so nothing is visible on the face of the radio.  Works good too!