Jump to content

WTB: 68 1383641 Light switch pull knob


Recommended Posts

I am looking for a NOS to very good condition light switch pull knob.


It appears to be a 68 only year part, GM # 1383641.


I don't find this part number on GMPartswiki.com so I am assuming it's a Buick-only part number(?).


The chrome is flaking off of mine and becoming a cutting hazard!


Any leads are appreciated. I am following a used one on Ebay but it's not pretty enough! :-P

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites



Is the pull knob you're looking for unique to the Riviera or is it the same for all full sized Buicks, or is it perhaps a GM corporate item.  You might want to post this in the bigger Buy/Sell forum.  Have you contacted the folks at The Buick Farm?  They have most all of the NOS stuff still around.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Pat Curran said:

the knob itself can be replaced

The Buick Parts book lists the knob separately from the light switch. The light switch knob for '68 appears to be a one year only part applicable to all '68 Buicks. I am guessing that knob face was different from other years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I get a momemt I can check my spares for you Mike -(... gotta track them down first).

Flaking chrome was a common problem for the dash knobs and escutcheons !

They did not age well, and are actually chrome plated plastic.

Will pm you if I find a keeper!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...