My name is Dan Ellis and I'm a new member and live in Owen Sound, Ontario. I own a 1937 Buick Special that I've had for a few years now and don't drive much any more. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is still a database for these Buicks as I remember reading a few years ago that somebody had started one. I have some information that I would like to contribute.

Thanks

Hello Dan, welcome to the forum. I’m sure some of the Buick folks will be along shortly to answer your question. 

Steve

Dan-  I don't know of any database but I also have a 1937 Special (pic). I had bought another 37 Special back in 1961; it cost a whopping $60 and I had it for ten years.

37 Buick 18s.jpg

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm sorry that I didn't respond earlier as I don't check in very often. That looks like a nice car. Mine is a business coupe that I have up for sale locally.

Here's a pic of it.

1937 Buick 2.jpg

• Like 3

My real name is Otto believe it or not. I just bought a 1917 Buick Roadster, it's fully restored thank goodness because I sold my machine shop with most of my tools. Kept just enough to get by.

I'll be taking pictures of the car soon if people want to see them

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Otto Cycle said:

Hello Otto. Please post some photos of your car. Lots of friendly and helpful folks here and they all like photos.

I live in Lake George New York and will take my digital camera up there tonight, my regular camera still uses film!!

19 hours ago, Otto Cycle said:

My real name is Otto believe it or not. I just bought a 1917 Buick Roadster, it's fully restored thank goodness because I sold my machine shop with most of my tools. Kept just enough to get by.

Welcome.  One of my grandsons is an Otto also.

• Like 1

Hello Dan59, and welcome to the FORUM.

I also have a 1937 Buick.

Mine is a Roadmaster Phaeton, Model 80C, more commonly called a Convertible Sedan.

It is unrestored, and we bought it from a friend in 2009 with around 7,000 miles, but we tour, and it now has more than 13,000 miles, and still has the original convertible top, paint, and upholstery.

1937 BUICK OPEN - 2012 GLIDDEN - TEXAS.jpg

1937 Buick on 2012 Glidden-2.JPG

1937 Buick at St Bernard - right rear.JPG