Courtesy light door switch for ‘63?

Adambravo

The lights on my ‘63 no longer turn on when you open the door. The switch looks easy to replace, but it doesn’t look like what OPGI has listed—mine has three occupied terminals (with a blank where a 4th would go), not the two terminals on this: https://www.opgi.com/riviera/CE12196/

Thoughts? Was my car rewired with a nonstandard switch years back? And/or how to find the right one?

1 hour ago, Adambravo said:

The lights on my ‘63 no longer turn on when you open the door. The switch looks easy to replace, but it doesn’t look like what OPGI has listed—mine has three occupied terminals (with a blank where a 4th would go), not the two terminals on this: https://www.opgi.com/riviera/CE12196/

Thoughts? Was my car rewired with a nonstandard switch years back? And/or how to find the right one?

Three terminals is correct. Do not buy the OPGI switches. These switches not working is a common problem. Check to make sure you have a good ground. There is a forum and ROA member Gordon Wolfgang that rebuilds these switches better than new for very little money. I don't have his info in front of me. I believe he advertises in the Riview. I and many others have had him rebuild our switches. Check him out. I would have him rebuild the switches regardless of the problem. A simple solution to what can be an annoying and persistent problem.

Bill

P.S. gordonwolfgang@msdminc.com 303-842-6308

Edited by Riviera63
revise text (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beryllium copper is used for the rebuilding process and once done, they work great.  The originals failed early on back in the day.  It was a common problem.  

Every once in a while, some NOS ones pop up.  Don’t waste your money as they will fail as well unless you need to have a good core for rebuilding.