car trailer parking

dbm350

There has been an issue with parking on Boat House Rd the last couple of years.  You have to leave immediately after the show so no banquet.  I did ask the same  question in the Hershey  forum show section and Steve M said he would have to get back to me but I guess Hershey Region hasn't been able to resolve it.  So I guess we have four options:

1:  Pay to park the trailer after the show up at the museum so you can make the banquet.

2: Find a motel that will accept a trailer after the show.

3: Just don't come which I unfortunately had to do last year.

4: After the show tow the trailer home.

Robert

Official word is in:  Trailer parking is once again at the Orchard Field which is located off Hersheypark Drive.  It is at the end of the old White Field (use to be vendors there) and on the West end of the Hershey parking.  There will be illuminated signs for it I believe and I will try to get a map done in the next few weeks to make it clearer but literally across from the Red Field North.   Corner of Sandbeach Rd and HP Drive. 

• 1 month later...

First timer here.   I’ve been asked to park my ‘34 Terraplane at our club space on the vendor field on Thursday and I will be on the show field Saturday.   Will I be able to park my trailer on Thursday morning and leave it until Saturday after the show?

Todd Harrington 

Any updates on trailer parking? We're planning logistics and I see that Boat House Road is not available. I was happy to see that the Orchard Field is available, but do I need to register for it or is it open to all attendees with trailers?

Thanks!

On 9/9/2019 at 1:02 PM, Restorer32 said:

We just pull into our flea market spaces early Saturday morning and leave our trailer there until after the show. Usually plenty of maneuvering room by Saturday morning.  We are lucky in that our shop is an easy 45 minute drive from Hershey.

Wish I could do that for the car corral. A few years ago I parked my trailer in my hotel parking lot but I started seeing how many people were doing that and really screwing up life for everyone else who was staying there, so I didn't want to be that guy. I parked my rig in the field adjacent to Boat House Road a few years ago without incident and was hoping that would be OK again this year.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2019 at 1:02 PM, Restorer32 said:

We just pull into our flea market spaces early Saturday morning and leave our trailer there until after the show. Usually plenty of maneuvering room by Saturday morning.  We are lucky in that our shop is an easy 45 minute drive from Hershey.

When I bring one of my cars, I do the same thing. I just bring my trailer from the hotel early on Saturday and unload it in my spaces in the red field and leave the rig there for the day.

• 3 weeks later...

I received an "Unloading Pass" for the show field. It allows trailer unloading at the new AACA HQ on Hockersville RD. It says "After unloading you will be directed to the parking area."  My question is: how far away is this parking area? I need to re-unite with my helper, so we can both drive to the show field. Also, for my GPS setting, what is the address on Hockersville Rd?

Phil

I have a question.

A friend is coming to Hershey from out of state with a car trailer, with the intent of buying and trailering a car back home with him.

Could he park his empty trailer at the Antique Car Trailer Parking shown with the purple asterisk on the map?  Or must he be registered at the show to do that?  

Can he take it in there on Tuesday or Wednesday of Hershey week, leave it there, and then load up his car on Saturday? 

And, the lot is only accessible by driving up Sand Beach Rd. and then cutting across on Boathouse Rd. -- correct?

If he can't park it at that lot, where else might he park (for money or for free)? 

I will be grateful for any information.  (I've been coming to Hershey for 52 years and never before paid any attention to car trailers!)