The Carburetor with No Moving Parts!

TerryB

The postcard is from my collection of oddball auto items.   It advertises the new carburetor for Ford cars that will double your mileage and has no moving parts.  That must be some trick as most carburetors need at least a few moving parts.  It’s the great U and J carburetor from Chicago!  Looks like the old lure of more mileage has been around for a long time.  This postcard dates between 1917 and 1919.  The date ID is in the postcard postage rate.  The rate went to 2 cents during WW1 and back to 1 cent when the war was over (1919). Also will be available for Dodge and Maxwell.  I wonder if carbking has any of these in stock?

F11823FC-20EB-43F6-A244-F3D1CC1C4841.jpeg

F9DC1B1C-6E2C-40AB-BEC4-FB5F3BCEAC53.jpeg

Reminds me of the Ford - no external moving parts -
Sonic flow variable area venturi carburetor

United States Patent 4000225
And just a thought but maybe they were varying the ignition advance/retard to control the engine.

There are a lot of similar devices that work very well at cutting costs. Today building "performance contracting" is a match. You find a situation where no one has paid attention to anything for years, sell your better than sliced bread product, and GET THEM TO PAY ATTENTION. Incredible savings- Why, it pays for itself!

Who carries a little notebook to calculate gas mileage these days? If you don't you could be a sale. AND I would throw in a free notebook.

"Come to me, my little pigeons, the big oil companies are exploiting you."

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:20 AM, 60FlatTop said:

Who carries a little notebook to calculate gas mileage these days? If you don't you could be a sale. AND I would throw in a free notebook.

I do.  Watching the mileage you can really see the drop going across Iowa and Nebraska.