1922 Chevy truck - $3000 russian river, Calif, not mine

I used to know a guy who had a 1926 Chevy truck that he restored completely a long time ago. After owing it for a while he realized that it really was impractical and allowed the Wisconsin Auto Museum in Hartford to put it on display.   Last time I saw it was maybe 7 years ago or so. Interesting trucks.

Edited by plymouthcranbrook (see edit history)

It is an interesting truck but I doubt it's a 1922. Looks like an amalgam of 1926 through 1928 parts, but that's what a typical truck would have been after a few years' use.

Don

• 2 months later...
On 11/3/2019 at 10:32 AM, Ben Perfitt said:

Nice job in making the cab more usable/safe.

Did you by any chance save any of the wood that was there?

If you have, that could add to potential appeal when you’re done playing with it.

At least for me it was that body that appealed. Long needed an excuse to modify the garage my grandfather built for much shorter 50’s vehicles, but that would be a few years out.

Yes saved the wood doors much of the body and pick up flooring is original...the new doors can come off for a more open C cab version but my wife wanted the doors to feel safer.

IMG_2540.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Original for these early years trucks was just a commercial chassis from the factory and the body was added as needed for your application.  The bodies were custom from local wood guys using available iron hardware or in some cases by coach builders .  The Model T had a few after market bodies available and I imagine Chevrolet did as well. Modified mine (rustic) so I could fit in it through the drivers door past the steering wheel.  OKIMG_2621.thumb.JPG.4aa9308a4874ce964a80f2614c6f4d4d.JPG for my purposes.  My granddaughter learned to drive standard shift on this last week end and drove into town to get the Xmas tree.  Maybe there is hope that the next generation will take a liking to these old relics.