Jump to content

47 Cabriolet top

Recommended Posts

Hello ,

I had intended to polish the paint and chrome pieces on my top frame , but unfortunately they are not going to make

the grade. I will have to disassemble and plate/paint.

Any guidance or suggestions from somebody who has been there/done that?

I assume there are replacement fasteners for the rivetted joints. Is there a good source?  Kits?

Thanks in advance,


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dennis


I have seen them sold on a Ford parts sight, but failed to save it--Alan Whelihan Vintage Auto Warehouse lists them

I drilled out the rivit end, then drilled it , tapped and installed a short bolt, washer to reattatch..ok , functional but

I was looking for a set as well.  I had them rechromed along with the irons.


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have always found or made stainless rivets. No chance of hammering off the plating when installing.

stainless will buff to look like chrome. Good luck and take pictures for reference

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...