Ignition switch

JustDave

Hello everyone, is anyone aware of someone who specializes in ignition switch lock cylinders,the switch on my 31 devaux is missing I know I can buy an aftrmrkt but would like an original,mine has the  coil mounted behind the switch,does anyone have a catalog that shows a part number or pic that might inter change with other makes,  thanks. Dave

Thank you for the reply’s I’m not sure  the ignition switch is gone and the coil was changed,I’ve ordered a. N.o.s. Coil but it hasn’t arrived yet,I was hoping someone would have a book so I could identify the ignition switch and possibly find one

Van Meeteren in Wisconsin had it,I actually need 3 but I figured I found one I should feel lucky,it is originally autolie,as far as appearing in the catalogs the cars where only made 31 and 32 so there’s not a lot of info then or now,I bought several manuals but not much more than tuneup info,only less than 5000 cars where produced,    Dave

My 1930 Chryslers use the coil that is pointed out too. Ignition switch is mounted to the base of the coil. It is a key switch not a lever. If so, you might check Chrysler suppliers.  I can send you a picture of a coil with a switch if you send me your email address and you want the photo.

On 7/24/2019 at 7:04 AM, JustDave said:

Hello everyone, is anyone aware of someone who specializes in ignition switch lock cylinders,the switch on my 31 devaux is missing I know I can buy an aftrmrkt but would like an original,mine has the  coil mounted behind the switch,does anyone have a catalog that shows a part number or pic that might inter change with other makes,  thanks. Dave

Can you post a photo of the dashboard where the switch mounts in order for us to see what shape ignition switch bezel you have? Some are oval, some are rectangular and some are odd-shaped.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I tried to get a good pic but it’s impossible in the garage,the hole for the  ignition is about one inch in diameter with one  qtr  inch  hole directly above it,I’m going to try and figure it out between now and when the coil gets here,I’ll keep looking someone should have a switch and lock cylinder.   Dave