Scott Farrington

1949 Roadmaster Riviera Hardtop PARTS CAR

I will try  to pull one tonight from one of the other '49 Buicks to compare - I am betting they will be in better shape.

I checked the shop manual and from my understanding, I believe that the fuse block is the same for 1949 Buick Series 50 and 70.

Were you able to pull one out of the other Buicks?

Also, were you able to locate the bracket behind the dash?

I had a client in town last night.  I am going to pull these after work today.  I will find the bracket - both of my other 49's are complete and as they were parked 40 years ago.  They both have glass in them.

Scott

Sounds like a plan! How much were you thinking for one of the fuse blocks and the bracket?

Do you have any pictures of the 49 super? I might be interested in buying just the engine/trans to put in my car or the entire thing if the parts would transfer to a 51 buick. Thanks 

-Edwin

Don't forget about my interest in buying the sweep spear moldings, front to rear, both sides of the car.

Pete Phillips

Bonham, TX 75418

19 hours ago, Pete Phillips said:

Don't forget about my interest in buying the sweep spear moldings, front to rear, both sides of the car.

Pete Phillips

Bonham, TX 75418

Pete:

They are removed from the car and I need to pack them up.  One of the quarter pieces was cracked at the screw.  I have all the studs that were loose as well.  

Scott

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Great! Comparing the connections between the two, they look identical, woukd you agree?

I’ll go look through my pictures and see if I’ve got a better picture of the bracket. 

Edited by rkundrata (see edit history)

I'll only sell you the top one as it is for the Riviera. 

Just Kidding! 

I would like $50 for the panel just for my time.   That will include the bracket if it exists.   This literally bolts to the bottom of the dash all the way to the left.   Interestingly,  the Riviera fuse block was mounted above the ashtray in the center of the car.  The panels are identical and the terminal markings are near perfect on the one I'm sending you. 

Haha! That price sounds fair! I've attached some more pictures. Do you also have the bracket for the fuse block as shown in the pictures?

1949-1.jpg

1949-2.jpg

1949-3.jpg

1949-4.jpg

1949-5.jpg

1949-6.jpg

Hey Scott, just wanted to give you an updated list of items we're looking for:

• Fuse Block
  • Bracket for headlight switch
  • Bracket for fuse block (that holds the fuse block)
  • Piece of stainless steel trim above the steering column
  • Windshield wiper bottle with lid and pump
  • A complete antenna