1949 Roadmaster Riviera Hardtop PARTS CAR

Well, I dug them out and got them to the shop.  The cars are for sale whole first, then they will be offered for parts.

This is a 1949 Riviera Hardtop and it is best described as a parts car.  No floors, and has not had any glass in it for going on four decades.  All of the potmetal is pitted,  although I feel it is pretty good considering.  Seat frames are in the car.  Floors are gone.  No motor.

I will help load the car if you desire to pick it up.  The other option is take whatever you want from the car and leave the carcass for the crusher.  I will help in any way necessary to get what parts you need off the car if you just want to take them with you and leave the body behind.  There is a shop here and we can work indoors if you choose to strip the car here.  If you chose to take it home, I can help you load.  I will be adding pictures as we go here.  I will take $1,000 or best offer on this car.  Talk to me - I drug these home to try and save them!  Somebody HAS to need parts from this car!

20190722_123222_resized.jpg

20190722_123145_resized.jpg

20190722_122916_resized.jpg

I felt horrible cutting up the Riviera Hartop yesterday to get parts off of it.  Was such a beauty.  Then I looked at the odometer...Can that be correct? Zoom in on the pedals...I found the license plate tucked behind the grill as the one on the rear bumper is illegible.  Last on the road in 1956 if the plate is correct.

20190727_133616_resized.jpg

20190728_124048_resized.jpg

5 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

Scott - You may want to double back and let everyone know what you have.  I have lost track.  I know there is a 1949 Riviera (Roadmaster) a 1949 Sedanette (Roadmaster?) and what looks like a 1947-48 Roadmaster or Super, but I lost track.

O.K. - here is what I have so that everyone is up to speed:

1949 Roadmaster Riviera Hardtop Dynaflow style number 494737X Model 49-78R - Sweepspears(side trim) gone.  Rear window outside trim, Gone  Grill is probably a 7 out of 10 - some pitting on both sides but not terrible.  Driver's side grill, no cracks, simply pitted.  Passenger side grill pitted, scratched - two cracks.  No motor, no transmission.  Rear end is there.  Had four hydraulic windows - two rear hydraulic mechanisms there.  All inside roof stainless trim is there.  Inside rear window trim is there.  Was a beautiful car. Trunk lid appears solid.  Hood solid/workable.  Nothing in the interiour will be useable as it has not hand windows in probably 40+ years.  Window trim is excellent Headliner bows there.

1949 Roadmaster Sedanette Dynaflow Style 49-4707 Model 76-S vin: 15266058  320 ci Straight 8.  Wrecked on right side.  I would say the hood, doors and trunk lid are repairable if you need one bad enough.  I can say the lowers on the doors would require replacement.  Possibly the bottom of the trunk lid as well.  I will take pictures of any parts you want and get them to you.  Motor and trans is in the car along with rear end.  Floors are gone!   Seats are there and good for a core - most of the material is there on the driver's seat!   Last on the road in 1971 from what I can tell in the paperwork.  Says it had "a vibration at 55 in the front end and the brakes were new in 1971 before the accident" Has no rear fender trim left.  All window trim (in and outside) available. Fender skirts are there.

1941 Buick Special Model 47 Touring Sedan. VIN: 14052200  I have five doors for this car - passenger side front door damaged in accident.  Compound carburetion complete set up from aircleaner to exhaust manifolds.  Interior pretty much gone - frames for seats and the (ROUGH) dash are there.  This car is rusted.  Frame is actually still solid.  Motor, trans and rear available.  Doors (5) are relatively complete (one broken vent window on pass/ side front door.)  Fender skirts are solid and could be restored easy enough, potmetal strakes each missing a tip and are pitted).  Elephant ears are sold off rear bumper.  Driver's grill gone.  Passenger side grill there, pitted.  Passenger fender dented at potmetal strake behind headlight.  1 headlight door with Buick crest.  I have the grill center with crest, pitted.  The front bumper is gone, no front elephant ears.

1949 Super Dynaflow four door model 51 Syle 9-4569 Body number G23675;  Good motor, trans, and rear end.  Three good door handles.  Exterior window trim and door trim all good.  Hood and fender toppers useable.  Heavy pitting on grill.  Bumpers are good on this car.  Frame rusted, floors gone.  Seats frames there.  Has lighter in rear of front seat that could be restored.  Dash and most parts from the steering wheel forward are decent.  Trunk lid handle good.

1948 Buick Super 8 four door sedan, VIN: 44891696 - complete car - rough body - door handles, trunk lid, bumpers, - all good cores.  Engine, trans, and rear end complete.

1947 Buick Eight Model 51 Serial number 4558045 Four door sedan Complete car, rough.  Engine, trans, and rear end are there.  Interior rough

1948 Roadmaster Eight four door Model 71 Serial number: 4808282:  Complete car, driven to where it was parked.   Decent bumpers, dash, and any powertrain components.  Otherwise a tree fell on it years ago making the rear and top unusable.

1947 Buick Eight Four Door sedan.  Rough. Decent nose.Bad roof.

I will take pictures and will research ANY and all parts you need/desire to see.  Prices are very fair.  Trying to save as much of these as possible to keep our passions alive. 

Edited by Scott Farrington (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Scott, we're working on a full body off restoration on a 1949 Buick Roadmaster 2 Door Hardtop and it seems to be missing the fuse block along with the bracket behind the dashboard under the gas gauge and clock that holds the cigarette lighter and some switches (measurements approximately 7" by 4"). 

I've attached a few pictures from one of our previous restorations on another 1949 Buick Roadmaster 2 Door Hardtop showing what I'm missing on this one. 

Xerox Scan_08042019132140 copy_Page_1_Image_0001.jpg

Xerox Scan_08042019132140 copy_Page_2_Image_0001.jpg

Xerox Scan_08042019132140 copy_Page_3_Image_0001.jpg

Looks like that mounts to the lip of the dash under the gas guage, correct?  The good news is that area looks intact.  I have to clear a bunch of stuff out of there to even get a look.   It will be around lunch before I can get the car lifted out of the row and out to where I can open the doors wide enough to look at it.

Anything else you needing on this car?

Odd question that you may or may not know the reply to:  Are these the same on all 49 Buicks?  This car has been open to the elements for decades.  Yes, I have the part and it would be needing restored.  See below:  

I am working on removing the fuse box.  It was horribly hot last night.

Resized952019080595182038953045.jpg

I checked the shop manual and from my understanding, I believe that the fuse block is the same for 1949 Buick Series 50 and 70.

Were you able to pull one out of the other Buicks?

Also, were you able to locate the bracket behind the dash?

19 hours ago, Pete Phillips said:

Don't forget about my interest in buying the sweep spear moldings, front to rear, both sides of the car.

Pete Phillips

Bonham, TX 75418

Pete:

They are removed from the car and I need to pack them up.  One of the quarter pieces was cracked at the screw.  I have all the studs that were loose as well.  

Scott

• Like 1