Maxco

1925 Dodge pneumatic Windshield Wiper

Hello,

I'm about rebuild a wiper motor for a 1925 Dodge coupe. It says Eveready Apex Elec MFG co on the side. I need a parts diagram, before I attempt to take it apart.

Thank You

Posted (edited)

I think it is most likely you will be drawing the diagram as you go! i.e. lots of photos as you take each piece off.

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)

Would it be possible for you to post a photo or two of this wiper motor.  Is it electric (as the name implies) or vacume.  I've never run across a pneumatic wiper motor.  The reason for my interest is that according to various literature on the '25 DB's the special series cars did carry vacume wiper motors.  Mine has a Trico brand unit but I am not positive that it is original to the car, although my car is a very original unmolested example.  None of the factory literature that I've seen lists the manufacturer of the wiper motor nor it there any photo so I'm trying to document what the correct unit would be.  Thanks.

59 minutes ago, franklinman said:

Is it electric (as the name implies) or vacume

Pneumatic is not electric or VACUUM but I suspect the motor in question is vacuum operated, not pneumatic.  Probably like the attached wiper picture of a 1925 Dodge.
adjective
containing or operated by air or gas under pressure.

post-32618-143138475838_thumb.jpg

Anything like this one, which is vacuum driven?

The one on my car is a Trico unit, but it appears very much like those used on later cars so I am still wondering.  Does anyone have an original on their car or a photo of one?