pinion gear chipped

hihoss

I have discovered that the corner of 1 tooth on my pinion gear has a chip/chunk out. I found the remnants in the bottom of the housing. there is no damage to any other gears. In that I have not yet driven it I don't know if there was any noise or how long it may have been like this. 
Finding a replacement, I have been told, it going to be a challenge. Any thoughts on repairing it, or filing the edge and let it be?

the part numbers are as follows;

drive pinion 314961
drive (ring) gear 314958 (confirmed from the gear) 
ring and pinion matched set 543276
whole assembly 314841
4.66 ratio

I was able to get the part number from the ring gear and the book gave me the other numbers to go with that gear. 

Unfortunately I have the truck on stands to renew all the brakes and too close to the wall to get a slide hammer on one axle to remove it. So until I get the front wheels on and can move it over safely I do not have the diff out. 

I appreciate any help and advice.
Attachments:
PinionGear.jpg

It is possible to grind the broken edge and continue using your truck until a replacement can be found.  I had a bearing failure that took half an inch off the end of all my pinion's teeth.  The differential shop ground the jagged edges off (no guarantee) and I drove for three years before I found a good used C&P.  I built myself a complete carrier assembly as a spare and it is still sitting in the shelf until I get either enough time, ambition or have to change it.  This is on my daily driver.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I do not have an access to a Hollander interchange book.

Its a 1932 dodge depot hack. on an f10 chassis and drive train. Not something I would expect to find in a junk yard. I have been search the web and so far not had any luck. 

Thanks

Republic Gear Catalog "S" 1944. 543276 was one of three options for the 1931-32 UF10, F10, F10A, UF10A 8,001,041 up US and 8,101,426 up, Canada, ratio 9-42.

Also used in 6 cyl. DB 1930-32, 3,518,001 to 3,542,875.

1931-32 De Soto SA, SC (one option of three).

1931 Plymouth PA, PAX No. 1,570,301 up (Detroit) and 9,305,401 up (Windsor).

1930-31 Ply. after 1,559,672 (one of two options)

1932 Ply. PB, PBX, PB TAXI with floating power (one of three options)

Well there's a thing. Sometimes it is called set 543276, other entries it is set 453276! The pinion and crown wheel O.E.M. part numbers are those given above.