Brooklyn Beer

wire wheels for a series 151.

Brooklyn Beer,  Just in case you don't know it, Paul is our faithful chaser with the tools and know how to help those that are unlucky enough to break down.

38 minutes ago, RansomEli said:

"I don't know, maybe I offered too much ?"  

I paid a little too much for my 1921 Franklin 9B touring. But I figured it would be worth it over the long run.

That was 20+ years ago, and I couldn't be happier over my purchase.

"I just bought a Franklin, what is the first things I should do ?"

1. Join the Franklin Club (you did so)
  2. Buy an instruction manual for your car. Previous owner should have one for the car 
  3. Buy a parts manual for your car via the Franklin Club members only section. Series 15 and 16 Parts Book, Series 151 – 152 - 153 – 163. ISBN 978-1095816219. Catalog number M-29-05.  Click here to go to Amazon.com to purchase.
  4. Make connections with other Franklin club people (you're doing it).

Found instruction manual on club site. READ READ READ.   Bought the parts manual from Amazon 5 minutes ago..  Making connections with great folks which has been the experience of all so far when I started the journey to "find a late 20's - 30's car".

Also found out today concrete guy can't pour till saturday  Grrr  Thankfully I know the owner of the batch plant and can get the 16 yards squeezed in when needed.  Too much work here in TX and not anyone skilled to hire anymore to get the work done.  New garage scheduled to be installed in 2-3 weeks.  Car can ship when that is all completed !  So lots of time to continue learning

35 minutes ago, hook said:

OK,OK But.........You've followed more Franklins than anyone I know! Maybe someday you'll catch one. haha

Actually, Bill, I do get to catch some,.....  just not on a tour.

And, no one need feel sympathy for me. For the rest of the year, I'm very blessed to get to work on and drive some Franklins that most of us can only dream about.  All but one.

Paul 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 6:09 AM, Brooklyn Beer said:

Has a double mount spare holder in the rear.   

When I test drove the car last week, I happened to look in the rearview mirror and saw the second spare tire bouncing down the road. Luckily it didn't kill anyone. Bill seemed unfazed by this as if it happens all the time. I went back and tossed the tire in the back seat. When you get the car home, sell that silly double spare carrier on eBay!

• Like 2

What is the double spare thing like? Is it one of those expanding things that hooks around the other spare, with the lock in the middle?

Agree with Steve. I had a double spare carrier on my 1927 boat tail. In a way it looked kind of cool, but far too heavy in the rear. I took off the second spare and was much happier with the appearance, and handling, of the car. That’s a lot of weight hanging out there.

• Like 2