Complete Engine, 1955 Special

John

DSCN3804.thumb.JPG.08ca78ee6094a212e8b1394bfde357e5.JPGSelling complete engine as pictured.  Came from an estate sale and no history available.  Appears to have been pulled when it was still fairly young and stored inside since.   Have not had it running but it turns with a socket on the crank pulley bolt.  $750 complete as pictured.  Pickup in NE PA, near Allentown.   If you need it shipped you will make all the arrrangements.

DSCN3802.JPG

DSCN3803.JPG

Edited by John (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

55 guys, Considering it has the 2 barrel, would it be correct to say it likely came out of a 55 Super. With power brakes.  

I think you’re right @John it appears to have been pulled when fairly young. I’m seeing paint on the fuel and vacuum lines, Do you by chance see any paint on the fuel pump or spark plug wires?  Also if you want to get the engine serial number off it I can tell for sure the year and series 

9 hours ago, MrEarl said:

55 guys, Considering it has the 2 barrel, would it be correct to say it likely came out of a 55 Super. With power brakes.  

I think you’re right @John it appears to have been pulled when fairly young. I’m seeing paint on the fuel and vacuum lines, Do you by chance see any paint on the fuel pump or spark plug wires?  Also if you want to get the engine serial number off it I can tell for sure the year and series 

Thats a big deal.  If its a special its 264 right? If super its 322...

2 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Yep, I'm wrong about the 55 Supers having 2 barrels, they did have 4. Also I'm seeing that it has a two groove pulley so must be a 264 so must be from a Special. Specials with power brakes would be pretty rare though.

Im pretty sure I had a super parts car with a 2bbl, maybe someone did something strange in its 60 year life....  Moot point since like you said, the crank pulley gave this away

41 minutes ago, NC-car-guy said:

Im pretty sure I had a super parts car with a 2bbl, maybe someone did something strange in its 60 year life....  Moot point since like you said, the crank pulley gave this away

and I have a 54 322 out of a Century with a 2 bbl. Guess they were trying to save on that 35 cent gas back then😁

• Haha 1

• 9 months later...