Auto parts for sale but need assistance

TednPam559

Hello everyone. I have boxes of old car parts that I'd like to post here but there's a slight problem; I don't know what ANY of it is. It was stuff my dad had before he passed. If it's okay, maybe I could get some assistance with it as I post each item. Much appreciated. First item is this. I'll accept fair offers, whatever that might be. 

231AAC08-AA20-4697-B5AA-DEA72882ADA3.jpeg

3D4DD043-EA1E-4582-83A2-C311BA0761D5.jpeg

9975084E-D5EF-4B89-82A3-CF66EA7D13E0.jpeg

Edited by TednPam559
Added "offers accepted" (see edit history)

I'm pretty sure this is going to be an uphill battle that I'm not prepared to tackle. This is only a fraction of what's available. I'd much rather find someone who knows what this stuff is and who equipped to take it all at once and maybe move it that way. I'm sure there are some gems in this somewhere. 

E2B9F802-9CAF-4A0B-8BAF-203863F67565.jpeg

Edited by TednPam559 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, JFranklin said:

Or partial lots! You are in a perfect position to vend at a swap meet if you want.

Not if you have no clue on what is is.  eBay is better, let the buyer figure out what it goes too.

• Like 2

But with ebay,  not keywording it correctly will result in poor if any sales.  You also need to then ship everything and deal with feedback and unhappy customers that bought the wrong part in hopes it might fit their car.  

The dome light lens and chrome frame on the sort of bottom left are 40's Mopar (dodge Chrysler Plymouth Desoto)  Plymouth for sure,  might fit others. 

The horn Button (the Blue thing with the chrome trim right below the heaters and arm rest is a Chevy Horn button.  Late 50's. 

Lots of pieces you would be lucky to get 5.00 for.  I would do the craigslist ad for $100 or $200 for the lot and be happy if someone buys it.  Put it on Facebook as well.  I seem to have alot more interest on there than craigslist these days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was thinking to sell the lot on eBay not Individual parts.  Craigslist will work if you have a dollar figure in mind for an entire lot.  As mentioned there are no exciting parts in the lot shown.  There might be in other lots you may have but this group is not one of them.  That’s not unusual, kind of like panning for gold.  You hope the nuggets are in there somewhere.

• Like 1

If you sell it in lots,  I would group it into 4 or so,  maybe more.  Heavy stuff sucks to ship and is hard to keep in place when shipping with fragile stuff.  Maximum weight on a box I would try to keep under around 25 lbs.  More than that and they treat it as kind as concrete blocks so a high percentage of damage or boxes busting open is likely.  I've shipped literally thousands of parts and shipping is the worst part of the job of selling.  Everything needs to be wrapped and packed properly or you will hear about it on the other end. 

Usually the only way to find gold is to identify every part list it all individually and hope someone needs it really bad. I did it for years.  Its a full time job and very few items are gold,  many are junk.  Save yourself the hassle and craigslist or facebook it with pickup only.  Throw a couple of hundred bucks on it and be happy if someone picks it up.  The guys panning for gold buying lots,  rarely pay much.  I used to be one.  To much fools gold.  Glad I'm out of the business now. Remember ebay gets 15 % as well as 15 Percent of your shipping which is going to be quite high.  Possibly as much as the lots sell for so that's like 30 Percent and you do all the work and take all the blame when anything goes wrong.

Good luck in whatever you decide. 

• Like 1