1930 UF-10 Fuel Gauge Info

Henry Boler

Hello, me again!

I've just finally managed to get the fuel gauge out of my fuel tank revealing a bit of a mess, but all in all it will be possible to restore it. I'm after some photos of the gauge face so I can make a new one as the old one was completely rotten away. I could see there was a 1/4 and 1/2 marking on it but that's all I could make out.

I'm thinking about making one out of brass and acid etching the new face onto it.

Henry

20 hours ago, Henry Boler said:

Hello, me again!

I've just finally managed to get the fuel gauge out of my fuel tank revealing a bit of a mess, but all in all it will be possible to restore it. I'm after some photos of the gauge face so I can make a new one as the old one was completely rotten away. I could see there was a 1/4 and 1/2 marking on it but that's all I could make out.

I'm thinking about making one out of brass and acid etching the new face onto it.

Henry

Hi Henry,

The face depends on what your part number is but this should give you an idea of one of the better ones I have in my inventory. Hope this helps...

Note the white paint has flaked off the center section.

Dave

IMG_2134.JPG

IMG_2135.JPG

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Thanks Dave, it's interesting to see one of those double sided gauges in use. Mine just have a Dodge star in the lower half.

Thanks Tom for the photos. They have enabled me to do this... (See photo attached)

I now have a cad model of the gauge to work with.

I've also attached a couple of shots of just how bad my gauge is!

Full Gauge.jpg

Sequence 01.00_01_34_16.Still012.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-18 at 1.39.01 PM.jpeg

Looks great .  Mine looks like aluminum black background like you did  and red needle .  Was pita to get needle to move . Pinched in glass when tighten . Used 1/8 cord gasket material between glass and face and 1/16" on back . Problem was a fact of wear and rivets loose so arm /float weight droops , jamming .  

Henry , I think every thing looks , layout perfect . I never noticed scale variation as needle rises and opens as fall closes ,until seeing your layout .  Only note is you missed a hole at bottom for fuel to drain back out if flooded . I will pull mine to get you diameter of over all . What else do you need ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ArticiferTom said:

Henry , I think every thing looks , layout perfect . I never noticed scale variation as needle rises and opens as fall closes ,until seeing your layout .  Only note is you missed a hole at bottom for fuel to drain back out if flooded . I will pull mine to get you diameter of over all . What else do you need ?

Thanks Tom, I'd really appreciate that if you don't mind. Could you get me the face plate thickness whilst you're in there too please? If you could get a photo of the face as square on as you possibly can, that would also be really helpful then I'll be 100% sure I've got an accurate model and then that can go in the archives then if anyone else ever needs a new face making for a gauge!

Thanks you  Dave .

Attached are some pics should help . One thing forgot is thickness after reread . As you can see is nothing special . All measures are decimal  inches .

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:35 AM, Henry Boler said:

I don't suppose anyone has any really clear close up shots of one of these gauges without the cap on so I can see the face? Also if anyone knows the exact diameter of the gauge face that would be handy too. Thanks.

20190723_123627.thumb.jpg.4700d27876f6d2a25cec6334adae831c.jpg20190723_123358.thumb.jpg.b38a96af04bdc36167df005c460533b9.jpg20190723_123929.thumb.jpg.883756850dcc38d76a1c7c62442ff286.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ArticiferTom said:

Thanks you  Dave .

Attached are some pics should help . One thing forgot is thickness after reread . As you can see is nothing special . All measures are decimal  inches.

Thank you so much for this Tom, that's incredible. Couldn't have asked for anything more if I tried!

• 2 weeks later...

So, some progress is being made. You probably saw the cool photo I did of the gauge in the last video. If not I'll attach it here. A friend of mine is going to attempt to CNC mill the new gauge face today, so we'll see the results soon!

Fuel Gauge 1.jpg

Fuel Gauge 2.jpg