kgreen

Aug 9-11: Vermont Antique and Classic Car Meet

https://vtauto.org/vermont-car-shows/stowe-auto-show/

The show is in Waterbury, Vermont and will feature hundreds of cars, swap meet and other family oriented events.  

Farr Field, 1901 U.S. Rt.2 Waterbury, Vermont 05676.

• The swap meet prohibits anything that is not car related.
  • A fashion show where participants dress to match the era of the vehicle so we could see anything from knickers to miniskirts.
  • Public interest events like the Saturday night street dance, parade and more.
  • If your mechanical interests want to be stimulated, check out the antique tractors and stationary engine displays.
  • Plenty of nearby accommodations.
  • Plenty of restaurants to satisfy the palate from fast food to local epicurean delights, food farm-to-table, and five star

VAE-vermont-antique-classic-car-show-2019_Page_1.thumb.jpg.dcad060693e0095d856e16881e93ea4f.jpg

Two weeks away!

Just a week away folks.  Here's the Friday schedule:

Friday, August 9, 2019

7 am – 6 pm: Food concession on the field.
8 am – 6 pm: Eligible vehicles pick up registration packet at Farr Field.
8 am – sunset: Flea Market open for business. Nonautomotive items will not be permitted. 20 x 20 rental spaces available for $40 per lot if registered before July 1, 2019, $45 after July 1.
8 am – 5 pm: Car Corral spaces available for $40 per vehicle at show or $30 if paid by July 1, 2019.
Vehicles must be driven into the car corral.

Notice that the flea market is car related only!  There will be no yard sale dishes, no painted velvet wall hangings of Elvis, and no unidentifiable junk dumped from an obscure kitchen drawer on flea market tables.

Any info on the size of the flea market? How many vendors?

It's one of the bigger swap meets in the area.  Maybe not as big as Rhinebeck,  but well worth going.  Unless it's real rainy I make the 3 hour trek and I only attend a few shows a year, that being because of the swap meet size. 

Thanks for the info... I think we'll come up Saturday. The last time I went was in 1980 and it rained. We drove our 1912 Ford T all the way from Rhinebeck, but didn't hit rain til we got to Chatham. The rest of the trip was a total wash-out. I'd do it again in a heartbeat...

Frank

Thanks for the info on the swap meet Auburnseeker. Look me up when you get there, I’ll have a yellow baseball cap but the 6’-8” height might be more recognizable. You too Frank!

You will probably have a chance of seeing me in the Car corral.  I just sold my Ford so for one of the rare occasions I will be Cashed up and somewhat car poor while attending a car show,  though I really doubt I will find anything there. 

Looks like we will be arriving Friday about mid day. I'll be bringing the EMF to try to sell...

IMG_7979a.jpg

This is the day!  The show starts this morning and the weather is looking great.  I'm looking forward to seeing old friends, hopefully new friends and some beautiful cars.  

Please stop me and say hello, I'll be wearing the yellow baseball cap.

On 8/7/2019 at 3:53 PM, oldford said:

Looks like we will be arriving Friday about mid day. I'll be bringing the EMF to try to sell...

IMG_7979a.jpg

Saw the car, it is beautiful!

Posted (edited)

1910 Sears car that was shipped by Sears to the nearest rail yard to the customer when ordered. It arrived in a crate to be assembled either at the rail yard or hauled home. The owner of this car made a reproduction crate and at another meet would demonstrate the uncrating and assembly.  Being the great antique car guy that he was, he let numerous people give the hand crank a try.

803C36E9-D82D-41B9-B610-AB5C1D0C1D1F.jpeg

Edited by kgreen (see edit history)

1910 Detroit Electric, fully restored.  The owner is giving me a demonstration of the tiller steering and speed control levers.

IMG_7449.JPG

IMG_7450.JPG

• Like 1