Carlisle Shootout

Nile

We had a full field of 20 competitors, most of whom were experienced drivers with vehicles set up for autocrossing.  I managed to take 2nd place behind a very well driven Neon who clocked a 71.6 vs my 72.3.  3rd place was a gorgeous SRT Challenger Hemi with a best time of 74.1.  The track was a little slick from the Dodge thrill rides, but it was consistent.  Since the course was mainly right hand turns, my left front tire was getting warm, so I watered it down between runs.  Top speed at the end of the back straight was almost 60.  My 90 16V TC ran flawlessly.  Being the only convertible, the only yellow car and by far the oldest driver all combined to put the crowd behind me, too.  I had an absolute blast.

Carlisle Events has a bunch of photos posted on their website and the 3 of us who "made the podium" are featured on their 2020 Chrysler Carlisle Nationals site.  There is a nice video that we're trying to figure out how to upload.  As soon as that's done I'll let everyone know.

Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 12.25.59 PM.png

• Like 1

Thanks guys.  I compete each year at the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - next year it's July 10-12, with the Shootout Fri evening.  The show is well-organized, clean, safe , and FUN.  Entry into the Showfield includes a  weekend pass for 2 people and, obviously, on-site parking, which is actually cheaper than just walking in and buying tickets.

Congrats and thanks for sharing.  I'm going to the Denver Automezzi today, Italian car show.  My TC got 2nd for Maseratis in 2006 when I entered. If anyone else is going let me know.  Nile, if I ever get out your way I'll look you up.