broker-len

Sending unit float

Sealer coming off in "sheets"  (blistering) can be caused by not drying the cork out sufficiently. Carbs get hotter than gas tanks, which will cause greater vapor pressure inside the cork. Gas vapors still trapped in the cork will expand with enough force to peal the sealer off.

As I mentioned, a few days out in the hot sun will warm the cork enough to make the gasoline trapped in the cork outgas.  If oil has been used in with the gasoline a rinse in lacquer thinner will wash it off. Then when the cork is dry again the sealer will adhere to the cork. The Bill Hirsch sealer has very good adhesion ability. 

Paul

Posted (edited)

As I said     got two cork stoppers almost the same size as original that is pictured on this post      will go with Paul's suggestion and use Hirst sealer which I have because I dropped my tank and found rust so cleaned and sealed it      will give it a few day to dry as I did with my tank    it sounds like nickleroadster tried to seal a already used float which I would not do since it has gas lodged in it

Edited by broker-len (see edit history)

fuel proof model airplane Dope, has been my mainstay for years.