Remember this VH1 contest ? 36 Corvettes

30DodgePanel

Anyone remember the contest? Sorry if this has been posted before, if it's old hat I'll delete it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/classic-cars/watch-36-chevy-corvettes-barn-find/ar-AAEmyR6?ocid=spartandhp

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

AND a hippie VW.

I have never owned a Corvette, (I have used some suspension components in one of my creations) never really had the desire.

However if I were offered my choice of one of these I would probably be able to pick one.

This is the kind of stuff I like to find, some clean up and a few mechanicals and drive it awhile before I take the loss.

Yeah I've never been much on Vettes either but am partial to the 63 split window if I had to choose. Never big on the VH1 or MTV thing either so I couldn't even recall hearing about this promo. I'm sure someone on here can though.

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

I remember the promo, it was a rather big deal at the time.

I used to own a '78 Corvette Silver Anniversary L82/4 speed.

Fun car to drive, not much in the way of outright power being as the L82 had been smogged to death but it drove nice, handled well and was actually pretty comfortable.

Got to drive a '69 'Vette 427/auto when I was a teen, my girlfriend at the time was given the car to drive by her parents. Tons of power and was a great driving car.

• Like 1

I believe I saw that collection or at least part of it. About 1995 I bought a 49 Chevy that was stored in a warehouse at the foot of the Tappen Zee bridge. Along with the Chevy was a whole bunch of Corvettes parked cheek by jowl. The warehouse guy said they belonged to Peter Max. I remembered the contest and looked them over. They were, by and large, average driver quality. Some better some worse.....................Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)