Jump to content

1934 Plymouth PE Windshield frame/trim


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum but the fortunate owner of a 1934 Plymouth PE coupe.

I am in search of a Windshield trim, the one on my car is rotted at the base.

 

I also need the front signals under headlights and the horn that would be OE

 

Thank you for your consideration, Brian Klock

5D8A1076-E3DC-4B5E-B230-610E980578D2.jpeg

4ED67124-1D05-4EE4-B26F-915086F3810C.jpeg

D9E897CE-C298-46A9-A011-B0B60795D3F0.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Best car made in 34 for what you got for your dollar, I am a PE fan since a child with my dad who had 4 or 5 over the years. I do not want to rain on your parade but the headlights appear to be incorrect for your PE deluxe they should have the wings on top for PE only, also not sure if your asking for signal lights under the headlights but the 34 PE had no such thing just a option for the klaxon trumpet horn mounts and horns and last gloom news is your front bumper is not 1934 Plymouth PE , oem front bumper has a dip in the center and small oval medallion bolts

but love the car!!! 

NC Industries in PA makes the windshields very nice work but pricey

IMG_9058.JPG

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pont35cpe said:

Question on the `34 PE, did the front door window and vent window operate independently and also roll down as a unit? Just how did that work?

I know that on the Chrysler, there was a latch that you flip and the vent window would stay up while you could roll the window down. Flip the latch back and the whole thing went down as a unit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

I know that on the Chrysler, there was a latch that you flip and the vent window would stay up while you could roll the window down. Flip the latch back and the whole thing went down as a unit.

1934 Plymouth PE did that too. Only on the PE model, PF and PG did not have vent windows. My understanding is that they can be a bit fragile with age, so best be gentle when working with them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 5:43 PM, ply33 said:

1934 Plymouth PE did that too. Only on the PE model, PF and PG did not have vent windows. My understanding is that they can be a bit fragile with age, so best be gentle when working with them.

There is a piece in the window frame that is made out of potmetal and that is the part that breaks down and makes the lever non functioning. I rescued mine by gently remoing the pot metal piece and gave it a nice coating and filling with Epoxy glue and they have lasted 30 years since I did it.... FYI

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 4:05 PM, pont35cpe said:

Question on the `34 PE, did the front door window and vent window operate independently and also roll down as a unit? Just how did that work?

Keiser's correct that's how they work on my 36  Desoto

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...
On 7/24/2019 at 2:05 PM, Dodge1934 said:

There is a piece in the window frame that is made out of potmetal and that is the part that breaks down and makes the lever non functioning. I rescued mine by gently remoing the pot metal piece and gave it a nice coating and filling with Epoxy glue and they have lasted 30 years since I did it.... FYI

I m redoing mine ( 34 Dodge, please send picture of pot metal, Maybe I should take care of that problem while I’m at it, Thanks

 

Edited by knobless (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, knobless said:

I redoing mine ( 34 Dodge, please send picture of pot metal, Maybe I should take care of that problem while I’m at it, Thanks

 

Sorry I did mine in the 70s and they are still holding together sorry no pictures. I do have a set of frames from a 4 door model and haven`t taken them apart... they are restorable but not realy useable as is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2021 at 5:12 PM, Dodge1934 said:

Sorry I did mine in the 70s and they are still holding together sorry no pictures. I do have a set of frames from a 4 door model and haven`t taken them apart... they are restorable but not realy useable as is.

Any parts usable? Do you have a picture? Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2021 at 10:12 PM, Dodge1934 said:

Sorry I did mine in the 70s and they are still holding together sorry no pictures. I do have a set of frames from a 4 door model and haven`t taken them apart... they are restorable but not realy useable as is.

Hi, thank you for the reply. Could you please send pictures/price and any other parts information you care to share to Mickohalloran@gmail.com. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Michael O Halloran said:

Hi, thank you for the reply. Could you please send pictures/price and any other parts information you care to share to Mickohalloran@gmail.com. Thanks

They are in my trailer I will have to go hunting for them but I will work on it and get pictures.. The price if they are aceptble to you will be $60.00 for the pair plus shipping

Don

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dodge1934 said:

They are in my trailer I will have to go hunting for them but I will work on it and get pictures.. The price if they are aceptble to you will be $60.00 for the pair plus shipping

Don

 

Don, thanks for coming back to me. I would be happy with that price.
Not sure how this forum works - I ask a question looking for the part, you then answer but someone else can just jump in and buy before me!?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Michael O Halloran said:

Don, thanks for coming back to me. I would be happy with that price.
Not sure how this forum works - I ask a question looking for the part, you then answer but someone else can just jump in and buy before me!?

Apologies, I see I am first? That makes sense.
Please shoot me an email when ready. If the window is there I’d be interested in that too. Thanks again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Michael O Halloran said:

Apologies, I see I am first? That makes sense.
Please shoot me an email when ready. If the window is there I’d be interested in that too. Thanks again. 

Really? Read the time stamps, 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, knobless said:

An hour later means your second in line,,,,,

Revert to last Sunday my friend when I asked the question regarding frames on this thread which has been dormant for a year? I then get responses and you jump in to purchase ahead of me. Not fair play and certainly not in the spirit of these forums. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Michael O Halloran said:

Revert to last Sunday my friend when I asked the question regarding frames on this thread which has been dormant for a year? I then get responses and you jump in to purchase ahead of me. Not fair play and certainly not in the spirit of these forums. 

Didn’t see your post, all yours,  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2021 at 11:10 AM, Dodge1934 said:

They are in my trailer. I am digging them out to get pictures but you are second in line.

Not the best for sure but they could be restored... the no draft emchanism seems in not bad ahpe but it does not move

20210121_100231.jpg

20210121_100248 (1).jpg

20210121_100314.jpg

20210121_100337.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2021 at 11:16 AM, Michael O Halloran said:

Apologies, I see I am first? That makes sense.
Please shoot me an email when ready. If the window is there I’d be interested in that too. Thanks again. 

 I have pistures of the other one also but both about the same consition... one is missing the no draft window frame. the genera; frame is rough but the no draft lever looks not bad..... but it doesn not move at this time. 

20210121_100248 (1).jpg

20210121_100337.jpg

20210121_100231.jpg

20210121_100314.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2021 at 11:16 AM, Michael O Halloran said:

Apologies, I see I am first? That makes sense.
Please shoot me an email when ready. If the window is there I’d be interested in that too. Thanks again. 

All I have is what you see and the one frame is missing the no draft frame. I assume you are in the USA I am in Canada.... I will need your mailing address to determine postage..

payment by money order or Etransfer works for me if your bank does that to Canada I am with Scotia Bank if that matters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dodge1934 said:

All I have is what you see and the one frame is missing the no draft frame. I assume you are in the USA I am in Canada.... I will need your mailing address to determine postage..

payment by money order or Etransfer works for me if your bank does that to Canada I am with Scotia Bank if that matters.

20210121_095911.thumb.jpg.12475b698fa1c8ceba2694601eef2f92.jpg20210121_100030.thumb.jpg.06322c0bb643f3517c6a4def2da34529.jpg

The second frame

20210121_100057.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Dodge1934 said:

 I have pistures of the other one also but both about the same consition... one is missing the no draft window frame. the genera; frame is rough but the no draft lever looks not bad..... but it doesn not move at this time. 

20210121_100248 (1).jpg

20210121_100337.jpg

20210121_100231.jpg

20210121_100314.jpg

Sorry mate but these are different to mine. There is another gent in this link who they may suit. Thanks for your assistance, much appreciated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought I had one like that but mines a bit different with a stainless strip and probably painted outside of that. The bottom piece is a little rough on one end,but could probably be saved. I'm sure it's Mopar but do you have any idea what exactly it might be for? Thanks for any ideas.

IMG_0221.JPG

IMG_0222.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0224.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

The windshield frame  is not for a Mopar. N/C Industries in Sayre PA has reproduction windshields that are of the highest quality and are complete with glass and rubber seal ready to mount. The number is 570 888 6216  I've bought several from them and have always been pleased with the product.  Also, the door window unit for the PE Ply is the same unit used in Dodge and Chrysler. Keep in mind that the sedan is not the same as the coupe. If you would want more info, feel free to email me. I also have a lot of parts available for 33 34 Ply -some Dodge. For anyone in the Forum that knows where I can uptain a headlite stand for a34 Chrysler CA coupe/ sedan--Passenger side--I'd like to know. Mine has a nasty crack in it and I don't feel safe trying to repair it until I have a standby. Any help is appreciated.   HRB     harrybootsma6@.com

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Harry, there are a few options on eBay for stands. Not sure if they are correct as per their description tho’. Search under ‘1934 plymouth headlight stand’ to see the options. 
I have since sourced a window frame so thanks for that. Just need a 34 Grille Shell good enough for re-chroming now!? If you knew where there was one I’d appreciate it. Thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...