Extremely Rare Mohs Safarikar ProtoType For Sale 1 of 2 to exist

Restored just like it came out of Factory, This unusual vehicle is the first one of three prototypes with only two known to exist and was built by the Mohs Seaplane of Madison Wisconsin, Bruce Baldwin Mohs, owner. Built but never delivered to be used on an African Safari. Chassis builder was “International” power is supplied by a 392 cid V-8. Sales literature described the horsepower as “Adequate”. Unusual features include an aluminum bodied car that is covered with 120 feet of naugahyde vinyl stretched (with help from my 84 year old mother) and stapled over polyurethane foam padding  which used 40 Large cans spray adhesive to stick foam to body. Then using 7,000 stainless steel staples to hold vinyl material onto 196 ft of ¼”thick  x 1” wide wood strips which are secured to body using 2,700 aluminum rivets Interior of car has over 42 feet of black/red tuxedo carpet..Up front are 3 Steve McQueen “Baja” racing seats & in the back bench seating area that folds down and can sleep 2 adults and 2 children while out in the Safari. It was the first automobile advertised as far as I know having nitrogen-filled tires way back in 1973 long before they became commonplace today. Options include a two way radio for keeping in touch with base camp while on your safari and it took 4800 hrs / 4 years of restoration. Have  over $650,000 invested in car and I am asking $425,000 obo  I also have a custom all aluminum Intech trailer available for an additional $35,000

Call me and leave message if you want more info 570-283-8422 or markza@comcast.net

DSC_copy1 - Copy.JPG

_73_20Mohs_20SafariKar_large - Copy.jpg

DSC_copy4 - Copy.JPG

DSC_copy5 - Copy.JPG

Mark, you're selling your Safarikar?

Right after you showed it at its first national meet

(in Pennsylvania), I did an article on it, perhaps one

of the first, for our AACA regional newsletter.

I guess you've shown it everywhere to your satisfaction,

and it's time for some other vehicle---

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope the new owner will still grace the fields of Hershey with the SafariKar! Here are two of about 6 videos of Mark and his SafariKar  http://northeastwheelsevents.ning.com/video/marks-most-unusual-1973-mohs-safarikar-at-the-2017-aaca-fall-meet       http://northeastwheelsevents.ning.com/video/2013-hershey-fall-meet-2013-hershey-car-show-aaca-mohs