Chrysler 1929 Series 75 Front axle preferably with spindles

I am looking for one of these axles to be lowered and then be put underneath my "Special" build Series 65 with L8. The item will need to be shipped to the guys at https://droppedaxles.com for dropping. To avoid being hit by fraudsters who target us foreigners on this site claiming they have everything we need, I would prefer that anyone responding to this ad is able to tell me some dimensions.

thank you,

I have already bought one axle from Jay Astheimer 10 years ago. Unfortunately, we were not able at the time to find anyone capable of lowering this type of axle and I had the axle shipped to Norway untouched. The cost of shipping back and forth is disclosing a second return of this initial axle. Which I have checked with fit my Series 65 straight if the spring mounts are altered, same track-width for S65 and S75.

• 1 month later...

Not sure from your post just what you are looking for. I just removed this circa 1931 Chrysler CD8 front axle from a donor car, king pins have no play, complete with steering arms, tie rod, spindles, all in excellent condition. Obviously needs sandblasting and painting. If it is the kind of thing you are looking for, let me know, not an easy thing to ship.

IMG_5837.JPG

IMG_5840.JPG

IMG_5841.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

here is a tubular axle on craigslist.  Not sure if it is Chrysler product or not.  I have no connection to advertiser.

https://reno.craigslist.org/pts/d/south-lake-tahoe-tubular-underslung/6960861778.html

A front axle assembly from a 1920's roadster. It is underslung and of tubular construction. It uses King pins which appear to be tight and functional. It comes complete with complete hydraulic brakes and wood spoke rims. I also have the rear brake drums, hubs, and rims available. Perfect for your ratrod, hot rod, or jalopy.
Mounting plates for u-bolts are top mounted and measure 29" O.D. and 24 1/2" I.D. and are designed for leaf springs.

Use CL reply for communication and questions. I have no cell phone reception. If this ad is posted then it's available.

Tubular axle.jpg

backing plate.jpg

Edited by Oregon Desert model 45
correction (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...