Parking for driven cars at Hershey

I drive my show car to Hershey. I would like to park it someplace where there is minimal mud. The trailered cars would probably like this also. They used to park us behind the stadium until the show got so big and HERCO's greed took over the parking lot. Could we have an area of this lot set aside for us on Wed.,Thurs.& Fri.? This would work for the driven cars. Its hard enough to compete with the trailered cars without having to drive through mud.

Guest rcirilli

ontheroad, I don't know about that. We've thought that for years but we keep paying fifteen percent more every year at the lodge.

The name HERCO has come up here. Does anyone know the relationship of HERCO to Hershey Foods Corp.? If they are related could we--antique car folks--buy into the company in large enough numbers to influence what HERCO does?? If they are related I've got the ball rolling, but I can't do it alone.

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

doright, HERCO stands for the Hershey Entertainment and Resort Co. To the best of my knowledge it is the branch of Hershey Food Corp. that owns the theme park, the Hershey Lodge and Hotel and the land the Hershey Region, AACA rents each year. Several on the DF have strong negitive feelings on HERCO, including Rick and hvs. They go tell you more.SalG

Guest rcirilli

I feel like I should know for sure but I honestly can't be 100% sure BUT.....I don't think Hershey stock is traded on the open market. It wasn't a few years ago but that may have changed. Someone more personally active with the martket could churp in!<p>[This message has been edited by rcirilli (edited 10-09-2000).]

As Ross Perot used to say: "HERE'S THE DEAL----------<BR>Hershey Foods Corp (ticker symbol HSY) is a publicly traded company that closed today at 53 5/8, up 7/8.<BR>Not too tacky on a day when all major stock market indices closed lower.<BR>About a dozen stock market analysts have projected HSY Earnings Per Share to TRIPLE during the next fiscal year! Do you think we should buy now; and support our hobby with the profits later? LUV CHOCOLATE, Tom

I've had HSY stock for a few years now and yes it had done just fine thank you smile.gif I think your options may be somewhat limited as to where you can hold an event of this size in that area, but PA sure has some colorfully named town that would make for some interesting ads. My tip, buy and hold.<BR>

Beleive it or not, HERCO actually turned away my greenbacks on Wed night. I had called ahead on Wed morning to make sure that there was paved parking available and the head of security for HERCO assured me over the phone that for $90 I would have a spot on pavement. Nine hours later I arrive to have some pimply faced, smug security gaurd that I was not allowed to stay on HERCO property for any price. When I asked what my alternatives were since it was getting late and I was a little tired from being on the road, the little sh*thead suggested that I go to the old K-Mart lot. Everything did end up working out in the end but our plans to bring my dad's car for its senior next year are shelved because I don't think I can be quite as lucky 2 years in a row. As far as trailer parking goes, this is where all other national meets have a definite advantage over the grandaddy of them all.

Salg, you can add me to that list. <BR>From what I understand, $40 of each flea market space goes to HERCO. Times that by the number of spaces!!!!!! <BR>The number of times the Herco poeple will out right lie to you!! mad.gif<BR>gotta stop and take something for high bloodpressure now.<P>

novaman ~ The rental fee and other charges Hershey Region pays Herco may be HIGH, but to be fair, I don't think it amounts to $40 on each space. Derry township takes a bite, but I think it is a dollar or so per space. And AACA gets their cut too. If Herco got $40 I don't think Hershey Region would net more than a few pennies, and that ain't the case. ~ hvs

Now that a lot have beaten HERCO up, fine, but...I didn't hear anyone come up with a better idea yet, me included! After all these years, I would hate to see it moved.<BR>I only come on Thurs, Fri and to show on Sat, and I drive in locally, I hate the mud as well as the next guy, but thats the history of Hershey. NCRS (Corvettes) is to hold their BIG MEET in 2003, and everything is to be on hard surface, wonder if the price of poker will go up then???<P>------------------<BR><A HREF="http://ez68vet.home.mindspring.com" TARGET=_blank>myhomepage&picturesofmycorvette</A>