1950 Buick Signal Lights Stuck On

MoparMadnz

Hi, new owner of a 1950 Buick here. The battery keeps going dead lately and I just noticed the driver side backup light and driver side front turn signal light are stuck on, even with the ignition turned off. I tried playing around with the different switches, and pressing the high beam switch turned them off briefly - but the lights came back on the next time I started the car. Also, the driver side blinker isn't working, but the passenger side is.  Anyone have a clue what the culprit might be? Thanks

IMG_8186.thumb.jpg.3dafcd3b14f2b71997107e598ff8949a.jpg

IMG_8189.thumb.jpg.ea9d272bb99495c70114765d8a713318.jpg

If you do not have a shop manual you should get one now.   Usually here is a wiring diagram in one of the later sections.   This will help you in trying to resolve your problem.   Usually when unrelated systems seem to be powered with everything off there are poor grounds at multiple locations.  There may also be a defective switch. With patience and a systematic approach using the wiring diagram you will find the culprit(s).

Joe, BCA 33493

• Thanks 1

Has the original cloth covered wiring been replaced?  If not start with a battery kill switch on the negative battery terminal.  Then examine the headlight wiring where it goes through the body panels.  Sounds like you have a broken insulation causing a short circuit.