Who is 1937hd45 and why is he a Senior member

And RedReattaRuss you believe that Barney Eaton; bcfoster; bigsteviejoe; bobwhite; Buick Mike; Charlie B.; checkers; Consultants_1; Copper81; CReichert; curtislt; Dolores; EDBSO; Emme; GM Ross; harpe; Howard; IGottaReatta; jchudyk8383; jjroverholdings; JLK52055; joereatta; KHowie; Klasicfan; made42; mccrackenr; MNREATTAGUY; NCBRIJEN ; nic walker; Nittany; padgett; pal1955; pogonuts; prakash raja; RawjaNYC; reatta1; Reatta_Cruzin; reattasteve; RED891; Robert Fletcher; stknflrda; tama sioux; TINKER; Vincent Vega; voucher2001; Wally 888; wufibug; XvSlim; 2seater and including RedReattaRuss are not also really Anonymous? DUH

<span style="font-weight: bold">MY TWO CENTS WORTH:</span> I've never met Russ, or Barney, or Mike, or Robert, or Ross, or any of the other Forum members -- but I consider them friends. They've helped me with a variety of Reatta problems, and, hopefully, I've passed on a tip or two myself. We have fun, we kid each other, we share a love of Reattas. We are registered with the Forum, and in so doing, have posted our e-mail addresses and assumed responsibility for our remarks. We do not hide behind a cloak of anonymity; if we make an ill-thought-out remark, we have to stand with it. Because we have identified ourselves, we've established a certain amount of credibility and trust with each other. Not so with the anonymous. You can sit on the sidelines, take potshots and never have to be accountable for your words. There's something about your anonymity that, foolish as it may sound, equates with faceless men in white sheets.

I invite you to register; why should you not? Don't be an outsider; be a real part of the Forum; get involved, let people know who you are...and, best of all, become friends with this marvelous bunch of people.

Jerry Sellers

Fullerton, California

I have meet Charlie B. so we know we are real, didn't exchange drivers licenses or social security cards though. Is that really you Charlie.

PS: I am also Robert Fletcher

PPS: <span style="font-weight: bold"> Don't get me started on another one of my unregistered user rants AGAIN! </span>

back to West Wing smile.gif

PPPS: Done some research and 1937hd45 is:

a. Senior Member

b. has Total Posts 796

c. Registered on 11/01/01 03:00 PM

the rest is a mystery, just my 2cts grin.gif

Guest Buick Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> And RedReattaRuss you believe that Barney Eaton; bcfoster; bigsteviejoe; bobwhite; ... snip ... and including RedReattaRuss are not also really Anonymous? DUH </div></div>

That's not really the point. The reason to at least go by a screen name is so others can put some context to what a person writes. If someone calls themselves 123XYZ that tells me nothing about who that person is, but after reading enough of 123XYZ's posts I can get a feel for them anyway. That allows me to place a relative value on their advice and establish a comfort level with their opinions.

Same goes for answering questions. People are much more likely to help 123XYZ, even if it's his first post, than they are anonymous. That's simply a fact.

FWIW, this is the only board that I know of that allows anonymous postings and I wish they'd change that policy and require registration.

Mike

The reason 1937hd45 is a senior member.... you register for the aaca forum and can go into the Studebaker, Packard, etc and comment on the discussion. 1937 is probably very active on anoter aaca discussion and he either stumbled on the Reatta discussion or just purchased a Reatta for his collection.

Am I the only one using my real name?

a) Name makes sense to me, assume he has a 1937 Harley Davidson with 45 cid engine (little one for a Harley).

B) no idea why senior, many of us have more posts and joined earlier, maybe because Reattas aren't old enough.

c) I use my real name

Hey, I sorta use my real name.....just say Raw-ja out loud like you are from Lawnguyland.

P.S. I have to admit, when reading the list of names that was posted, I was pleased to be mentioned among such illustrious company. Whether you go by your given name or not, the "real" person behind the typeface comes through loud and clear, and I am glad to have "met" all of you.

The only Anonymous users that bother me are the mean spirited ones who don't offer a positive contribution and continually worry about the minutiae. I have seen others who have real problems and get help here; that's as it should be.

CURTIS LEE TOMLINSON

Rawja:

Now I get it (Brooklynese for Roger). And I always thought you wore a burnoose.

E. Gerald Sellers

smile.gif (now that Curt's set the full-disclosure policy on names)

Guest Reatta1

I saw a post somewhere here, believe it was in commentary after the format change, that said 'senior member' applied after a certain number of posts by the member. Is that true or has that changed. Seems a lot of posters that had 'senior member' status at the time no longer are listed that way.

And just so there is no confusion with my ID, my name is Jim Stagl and I live in the nondescript town of Boring, OR and I don't mind any comments on that at all. grin.gif

I thought that the wittiest comment would be no comment at all but how do you make it confused.gif

So I looked up Boring, OR and <span style="font-style: italic">son-of-a-gun!</span> it really exists some <span style="font-weight: bold">3,008 miles, 4,841 kilometers, 24,060 furlongs or .0000000005177 light years away! </span> Almost sounds close when you say it that way. crazy.gifcool.gif

Guest Reatta1

Hardly a flash in the pan as light years go. But do stop in sometime, I'd be glad to show you the sights!. cool.gif

JJ, I have been through Hermiston many times on my way to the midwest, where I grew up. They grow some of the best watermelons in the country over there. How did you end up in CA? grin.gif

Father retired at end of WWII and we moved from San Francisco to Oregon. Returned to California after college/Marine Corps. (Just attended 50th Hermiston High School reunion. <span style="font-style: italic">Everyone bored to death yet, or should I yell something really dumb like <span style="font-weight: bold">Class of '52 Rules</span>?</span>)

Jerry

Guest Reatta1

Well you've got several years on me if you graduated in 52'. I was born in Portland, grew up, went to school, graduated (56') in North Dakota and returned here in 60' after stint in Navy. From age 4 lived on a farm till joining Navy grin.gif

Guest Copper81

I am with RawyaNYC .... I was definitely surprised by RedReattaRuss including my name in the listing along with guys such as Barney, EDBSO, jjroverholdings, padgett, Vincent Vega, and all the other great contributors to this forum!! I can't hold a wrench to you guys and you know SOOOOO much more about Reattas than I ever hope to know. But I do care about my Reatta and I think that all that really matters in this forum!! It matters that we all enjoy our cars and that we have a good attitude about trying to help others out so that they can also enjoy their cars. And a little bit of humor can go a long long way .... in this forum or anything else you do in life. As for the anomymous folks, they are just being lazy .... or they screwed up and forgot to register!!! Yeah, that's it!!! They forgot .... hey, just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt ..... smirk.gif

Guest Brolliar

Padgett had it right on the money about the meaning of 1937hd45's name. Prior to Padgett's post I had emailed 1937hd45 asking what his name stood for.

His reply:

Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 17:27:27 EST

Subject: What Does 1937HD45 Stand For?

Hi, Thanks for asking about my ID. I'm restoring a 1937 Harley-Davidson, 45 cubic inch model. My Dad bought one new, mine will look just like his in about two years. Sure hope that ID isn't some secret NASA code! Best wishes, Bob

I retired from NASA thus the reference to it.

Bob, 1937hd45, is very active in the AACA General Forum. Sounds like he has a very interesting project to work on.