1924 buick Master 6 open car new project new guy here.

Most  of the mechanical parts are here . and soon i will get my hands on it to see if we can get it to start.

looks like they did an engine rebuild on this one long time ago..

i was able to find here a 2015 post from the ex ex owner of this car and contact him , that was nice.. i got a lot of info from the car.

Apolo

I don't if you have restored a car before but I will offer two rules.   Take many pictures from many angles and catalog them as you go.  Second rules is never throw anything away you will always need it later.  Have you joined the Buick Club?

Hi there .

your right Jan arnett.. i have done that before and i know what is like...

i have the water pump and the starter generator that i will start to restore it so i can run the engine and see what else i need on the engine mechanical side of the process..

i haven't look into to the Buick club yet ,but is a good idea'

Apolo.

That looks like a great project to have a bunch of fun with.

Should be a good driver when you're done and it will always attract a crowd.

Good luck sourcing all the parts and small bits you need.

• 6 months later...

Nice job! I've always thought early Buicks were excellent cars and a consistently good buy. Like everything else, they have their quirks and problems but it is ground that has been covered many times before so, if nothing else, the information is out there.

I would run some evaporust through that when you get it up and going.  There are several threads on it. Even if you cleaned it out mechanically it can't hurt and does wonders.  Nice progress. 

Congratulations on moving so quickly on the restoration. I'm envious. 

Please keep us posted on your progress.

P.S. I really like the car's color. Don't know if it's original but I would keep it as is.

The model 24-45 was offered in black with ivory pinstripes only.  No choice.  Wheels were painted black and pinstriped.. Was for the last time the biggest seller for the year with around 48,000 made

and they are still being found since they ran and ran.  In 1925 Buick just sold over 5,000 of this model as buyers turned to closed cars.   

apolo:

Looking great my friend! You have been  very busy. The EVAPORUST treatment is a good suggestion since you have the water passages dry cleaned out. I did the Evaporust cleanse on my 1937 Buick after the supposedly cleaned out block with new freeze plugs gave up enough sludge to pack my previously cleaned radiator solid. I had to re-core after that. I also installed a Gano filter to protect my new radiator core.

I will probably be pulling my front floor board on the 1925 Master this week to work on the staring mechanism. Hopefully I can get some templates for the aluminum floor plates for you. I have set aside the column plate for you. I had hoped of finding some of the other plates but only have the one for the column.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you Larry..! 

i was going to put a steal mash on it , i didn't know about the Gano unit ..! thanks on that.

i definitely will use the Evaporust .. since i don't think i was able to get all the rust out from the head.

i don't want to risk my Rad getting plug up.

today  i was getting ready for the frame ,but bad weather here in CA.. witch is rare.. didn't let me .

I need to get this car running.. can't wait to see if it runs on the street 

like to try the clutch and brakes ..all since to be fine , but until you get it out you don;t know.

But fist i need to finish the frame so i can rest the body on the new rubber mounts strips,, found the 2 rear originals still nailed to the body.

soo .. patience.!.one step  at a time..

Cheers ..

Apolo

• Like 2

the body finally is resting on the frame .. and i need to take the fuel tank off now to get it down about 1/4 of inch . due to the banjo bolt coming out of it on top , still touching the edge of the bottom of the body , so i think there;s a liner or something on the top inside of the straps for the tanks so it will bring it down just a touch to clear that.

that's a job for tomorrow. and test the steward tank to see if it will hold vacuum.

and then ... ready to drive and see what it does..!!

oil pressure shows a good 25 psi for now. and a lot of oil going on top of rockers.

Enjoy the pics.

Cheers 

Apolo.

• Like 2