Sign in to follow this  
30DodgePanel

Proof that Cacti and Cars do not mix

Recommended Posts

Appears to be a rather "sticky" situation (all joking aside I am glad that nobody got hurt)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John348 said:

Appears to be a rather "sticky" situation (all joking aside I am glad that nobody got hurt)

 

Yes John,

We get the point😏

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't surprise me at all.  The people around here are always on their phones , speeding, and not paying attention to what they are doing.  Never a dull moment around here. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I think that all of those old Coffee and Cars get togethers are a bit old hat, especially when the really cool (sharp) crowd is doing Cacti and Cars.

 

Cheers,

Grog

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Laughing Coyote said:

It doesn't surprise me at all.  The people around here are always on their phones , speeding, and not paying attention to what they are doing.  Never a dull moment around here. 

 

I guess one can say that they got "stuck" on the phone

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need a permit to transport many of the native plants, these in particular.

You pay big dearly getting caught with one in your car.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe he needs money to pay his injured passengers giant lawsuit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Laughing Coyote said:

 

 

That's actually a high-class move for the impound/auction house, might even create some business for them...

I mean who doesn't want a tour of the Cactus Car...

 

I think I'll wait for the infomercial 

 

Kinda weird that Shaggy has his own real life car dealership now. 😉

 

 

01515_i6319w7uLBE_1200x900.jpg

 

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on vacation in AZ a week ago, and heading north out of Tempe we saw thousands of cactus by the side of the road. I was surprised how tall the were.

 

I thought these cactus plants were supposed to be filled with water, but I don't see much moisture around the trunk where it was severed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, JamesR said:

We were on vacation in AZ a week ago, and heading north out of Tempe we saw thousands of cactus by the side of the road. I was surprised how tall the were.

 

I thought these cactus plants were supposed to be filled with water, but I don't see much moisture around the trunk where it was severed.

They quickly scab over when broken or cut. That one was probably around 1/2  a ton when it was standing and you cant scoop water out like in the movies.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, they store up water in the rainy season and dry out as the summer months warm up or when there are long periods without rain (most of the year) so it isn't surprising to see a lack of moisture in one this time of year and since it was in a median I doubt it was getting watered consistently without the help of nature. 28 Chrysler said it best, it's not like in the movies...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Must be a long standing tradition in ole Tucson...

 

Pre cell phones so I'm guessing the kids were arguing in the back seat.

Or it was a favorite make-out spot and the cacti was an omen?

 

https://tucson.com/news/blogs/photo_blog/cactus-versus-car/article_aebd5ea6-2a29-11e4-a493-0019bb2963f4.html

 

See the source image

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 2:00 PM, 30DodgePanel said:

Must be a long standing tradition in ole Tucson...

 

Pre cell phones so I'm guessing the kids were arguing in the back seat.

Or it was a favorite make-out spot and the cacti was an omen?

 

https://tucson.com/news/blogs/photo_blog/cactus-versus-car/article_aebd5ea6-2a29-11e4-a493-0019bb2963f4.html

 

See the source image

 

 

Ouch! I hate when that happens. Why did it have to be such a clean '56 Chevy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:36 PM, Roger Walling said:

Even a Road Runner knows not to mess with Wily Coyote.

Ya think the passenger in that car was testing out the Acme Instant Put-It-To-Sleep Gun on it?

 

Craig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this