I found this in the barn..

nick8086

Dear nick8086,

I just checked the calendar. It is NOT April 1st. You have 463 views at this point, nick8086. Please give us more information. Otherwise we are indeed wasting time. This will just end up being a "wisecrack magnet", and continuing frustration. Did you REALLY come across a Ferrari project ? More information,  please. Or is it time for the punch line ?  

Your good forum friend, and sometimes fellow night owl,    -   Cadillac Carl 

• Like 1

I don’t know about the rest of you, but as hard as I try, Nick’s posts often baffle me. Sometimes he private messages me also and I can’t understand what he’s trying to say. 

I try to be understanding about it because there could be a legitiment  reason that is the case. (Heath, language barrier, or?)

I have noticed that post like this often turn out to be something very different than we first thought. 

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

That looks like a Ferrari 315S, V-12 made about 1957. From what I know only 3 were built. No, It's not worth anything, so you can tell me where it is and when I can come and pick it up. Sorry Nick, unless you can provide pictures, on this one, I need to say B.S.

Why do people like Nick post stuff like this? I just did some poking around and found that the last 315S, was sold for $35 million dollars and you just happened to find one! Why post something that you know people are going to call you out on? I could see it if it was April Fool's Day and you wanted to be "cute", but what reason could you have Nick?

1 hour ago, keiser31 said:

As the Millenials say, "Without the photos, it didn't happen.

Up until about 20 years ago there was a '64 or so Ferrari 12 cyl open car in a barn in Lancaster County, Pa. Customer of ours bought it in New York state off a car lot for $2500. If you knew this fellow you would agree that he was the least likely guy to ever own such a car. He worried so much about it being stolen that he sold it, coincidentally very near the top of the market. 

• Like 1

It looks to have a bunch of round holes drilled in it. where wooded pins/dowels would be driven into the holes. Sorry just being a smart as*. Thought it would add to the interest of the barn find super car. We all are waiting to see the big find. 

Edited by Xander Wildeisen (see edit history)

X', we all may want to pack that proverbial lunch as we wait for the big find. In compliance with my obligations as Inquisitor-in-Chief, I can say at this point things are not bearing any material fruit out there in PM land. In fact, things are getting "Curiouser and Curiouser". A full report from me will be forthcoming. I do believe we deserve an explanation. Hey ! This is a discussion forum, and I don't think I am the only one who feels hung out to dry here. 

Nick, oh Nick : please honor your many friends here with just a few more details regarding your original post. 

On behalf of all of us waiting for the oracle to speak : Thank you for your attention to this matter.  -  CC 

Click on nick8086 and look at his profile. He was on the forums an hour ago and has been on several times since posting this. He just stirs things up then lurks in the background watching the action. He has no intention of explaining this.