Sign in to follow this  
35buickakaBelle

Heater outlet steel hose need?.... Help!!!

Not sure what it called. I’m looking for this steel hose for my 35 Buick that connect to the coolant. Is the connection for the heater.  Here is some pics of want I’m looking for. If any could help fabricated it would greatly appreciated. Pm if you could.  Is 11” long with the 90 degree bent. The small outlet is 3/4 OD and 1 1/2 long  and the pipe it self is 1 1/2 OD and 11” long. I don’t have does tools to make one. Thanks Luis 

7FB504B4-A8B4-42E2-B1D4-0C1CF5386567.jpeg

B9E7589D-03F1-4B73-8269-85B6D271F1E3.jpeg

D0A1F88D-B0E2-4653-9BFA-38A566ACE02B.jpeg

Posted (edited)

You might try a muffler shop that can bend pipes.  Have him bend the large pipe, then drill a hole where you want the other pipe to go and braze in the small pipe.  Should be a relatively simple and not too expensive fabrication.  Just IMO.

You could either have it power coated or paint with epoxy paint to look good and last longer.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Larry Schramm said:

You might try a muffler shop that can bend pipes.  Have him bend the large pipe, then drill a hole where you want the other pipe to go and braze in the small pipe.  Should be a relatively simple and not too expensive fabrication.  Just IMO.

I was thinking that but not sure if the welding would be good for radiator pressure 🤷🏽‍♂️ but I guess I could give them I try. 

11 hours ago, 35buickakaBelle said:

I was thinking that but not sure if the welding would be good for radiator pressure 🤷🏽‍♂️ but I guess I could give them I try. 

Radiator pressure would be 15 psi max.  Not even close to the breaking force for a brazed or welded part.

This is from Ebay............it is more than you need but gets you everything but the nipple

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Speedway-91013870-Combo-Exhaust-Bend-Header-Tubing-1-1-2-Inch/131499801750?epid=672942507&hash=item1e9dffbc96:g:hnIAAOSwNCRdEHnx:sc:Other!78633!US!-1

Do a search on ebay for 1 1/2 exhaust tubing and you can probably find just a 90 bend

On 7/12/2019 at 9:25 PM, 35buickakaBelle said:

Isn`t the `35 a non-pressurized system?