Headlights

Nasty surprise today. A rock through my driver side headlight. Light is still functional but lens is cracked and has hole in it.

Can lens be replaced or does the whole unit have to be replaced? Is there a recommended source for necessary parts?

Jim Bird 1990 16 valve

3 hours ago, Jim Bird said:

Nasty surprise today. A rock through my driver side headlight. Light is still functional but lens is cracked and has hole in it.

Can lens be replaced or does the whole unit have to be replaced? Is there a recommended source for necessary parts?

Jim Bird 1990 16 valve

You will need to replace it, then get 'Headlamp Protector' a thick, clear 3M covering that will shield the headlamp.

I do have some spare headlamps, I'll check on that tomorrow as it is late right now. 10PM.  PM me...

If you find a good headlight that the reflector is shot, you can swap the lens to a good reflector.

Hemi, I asked about the headlight protector kit a few years ago and was told they are NLA as the guy doing them from the TCoA had stopped making them. If they are still out there, I'm a buyer for sure!

As a "quick fix", and truly and Band-Aid, I found that heavy duty clear packing tape (specifically the "Duck" brand) actually works very well to protect the headlights and seal holes in the lenses. My right side headlight got a rock hole in it (I lost 2 RH headlights in 1 year due to #$%@# rocks!), so that's what I did so I didn't have to install my last good RH headlight.