Off to the Movies

Thriller

I don’t have any details, but I was contacted today by a car wrangler I’ve worked with previously and he was wondering if the Skyhawk was available for a movie shoot.  The director has seen photos and approved the car.  Unfortunately, they are shooting the day I fly to Dallas, so Teresa will need to take care of it.  They’re shooting in a small town north of Winnipeg.  I don’t have any details yet about what’s shooting or who is involved.

I guess I won’t take the car out to the country just yet to swap for another...that will have to wait until after the Texas trip.

• Like 3

Working with production companies CAN be great if you work it right.

Our former '34 Buick, '14 Buick, and several others had done lots of work in such as American Horror Story, Ray (Charles), Pretty Baby, and dozens of others. Dine with the stars and/or cast, but not with the extras, etc.

My daughter got to dance with Charles Durning and dine with James Gandolfini. I've met Richard Thomas, Sharon Gless, Jack Warden, Lillian Gish, Scott Bakula, and so many others - mostly nice, genuine folks!

• Like 2

It wasn’t specified whether or not it will be driven and, if so, who is driving (Teresa, actor, or stunt driver).  That all depends on what it’s being used for.  It’s also unknown whether Teresa would be requested as an extra.  A project I’d gotten paid for (but for which the cars were never used) had a couple of the owners set up as drivers / extras...they were paid more and got to deal with wardrobe.

We will get more detaisl when it gets closer.  I told Teresa, but for adding gas, the money can be hers.

• Like 1

When "Walker, Texas Ranger" was filming in the DFW area, one of our former chapter members had a '64 Riviera.  Lowered about 1.5", custom chrome wheels, wide blackwall radials, and a 2x4bbl 425 under the hood.  He had a buddy that was a stunt driver for the show, so when they needed a "get away car" for one of the bad guys, the black Riv was suggested and they were pleased with it.  So, when he showed up at the appointed place and time, he knew what the scene would be.  The production assistant told him where a local bar was and that he might hang out there until they were done (at a specific time).   So, that's where he went.  He gave them a few more minutes and walked out of the bar to hear engine and tire sounds, as his Riv came sliding around the corner, making the escape he knew about.  So he went to where he dropped the car off and retrieved it when they were done.

In a later show, toward the end of the run, there was a dream sequence where Walker was driving a 2nd gen Barracuda.  One of our Mopar club members had one.  It was a survivor that was not yet restored.  He answered their inquiry and they came to look at it.  It would work for them.  They told him of the scene, said they'd fix any damage, and he agreed and they took the car.  Every so often, he'd go check on it.  They ended up doing a lot of work to the car, mechanically, plus painting it white.  Over the 6 months or so they had the car, prior to shooting, they pretty much restored it for him.  He was pleased and the car performed well in that 30 second scene.

Have fun!

NTX5467

• Like 1