Heater hose bracket for 1938 Special

rodneybeauchamp

Hi all,

just plumbed the heater in my ‘38 Special and is looking good. I need to make up the bracket that supports the hoses at the centre of the valve cover.

Would someone be able to post some closeups of an original hose bracket and maybe some measurements so I can fabricate one over here!

regards

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Thanks Gary,

exactly what I wanted. 

I should be able to make something from your pictures.

9 hours ago, DonMicheletti said:

Bobs Automobilia has them.

Thanks Don, see how I go fabricating one.

Many thanks

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀

• Like 1

If you are not a complete stickler for authenticity, think about this...

I bent my hose clamp to allow it to be secured to the battery's front hold-down bolt (the long bolt that passes through the battery clamp and secures the battery).  This pulls the hoses away from the engine a bit, and allows them to run more along the side panel.  Works great, and I think the engine appearance is improved - as well as spark plug access or access to my later model (1950) oil filter.

Just a suggestion.

Jeff

• Like 1

I like that idea.

I'm usually a stickler for doing things as original. But when I mounted the heater hose support using the center valve cover bolt, the hoses totally blocked the neat script on the cover.

I didnt like that in spite of the fact it was "correct".

I moved the clamp to one of the spark plug cover bolts and I think it looks better in spite of the fact it will be an issue when working on the plugs ... which is rarely

• Like 1

Per what Don Micheletti posted, per a Service Bulletin issued later in1938, the heater hose bracket was moved to the front spark plug cover bolt after the valve cover design was changed by eliminating the center hold down stud.

This, of course, means that there are later production 1938 engines that use the same valve cover as 1939 & 1940 (and some later years).