Solid wheels on the Phelps farm

RickPaulos

Rick, Is the picture that you have from an old photo that you have? Do you know the location? Or best yet, do you own that Moon?

It certainly looks like a Moon. It appears to have the radiator shell of a Moon. the step plates tells us that it is a Sport model. The wheel rings and the step plates seems to make it a 1923 6-58 Sport Touring. Pictured below is one that is located at the Museum of Transportation in St. Louis, MO. 

P1010020.thumb.JPG.04ecc690697acb2ba2d8b870b4f96295.JPG

No, no and no. The photo is from a large and recently discovered collection from a chance acquaintance of my wife. He shared a few hundred with her (and me being somewhat tech savvy) and I've posted just car photos here (that I could not identify myself) to seek help in identifying them. 

The photos were mostly taken by the aquaintence's grandfather (I think) from about 1900 to the 1930s although I did spot a later 1960s car fender in one. Most of the photos are of farm life in eastern Iowa. Horse-powered everything. And a saw mill operation. I think he photographed every car that came to visit the farm.There were couple of the Mississippi river boat, The Capitol, that they took a cruise on in the 1930s.

Are we really sure the mystery car is a Moon??

The radiator shape does not look like the squared edge Rolls-Royce inspired shape that came in around 1919.  It looks more like the shape that Studebaker used in the early 1920s on the Special Six - although I don't think it is a Studebaker.

I wonder if it might be a circa 1921-23 ish Paige.