Sign in to follow this  
gregchrysler

Woodie 1/2 price out of money Chrysler Royal 1949

1949 Chrysler Royal Woodie wagon     as is  runs  motor rebuilt   new tires wheel wells floor boards  taken down to bare metal and acid etch  treated and painted   some sell for $160,000

take a look     need to sell  can't finish   8 years of labor and $30,000 in parts      $21,9000   bargain of a lifetime      

IMG_20140207_142015_477 - Copy (2) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

IMG_20140502_153057_016 - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy (2) - Copy - Copy.jpg

IMG_20180626_144827_457 (4) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

IMG_20180805_113921_632 (1) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

IMG_20190619_151311_742 - Copy (2).jpg

Have you put it on Craigslist? If not you should. Also consider putting it on Hemmings. I know it costs $99 but it will reach a worldwide audience which will obviously give you a better chance of selling it. Good luck....

31 minutes ago, gregchrysler said:

tried hemmings  and ebay at $79,000   reduced it to pay mortgage to 21,900   thanks Lebowski  it really is a steal I can's understand why no one is bidding

I'll try to explain without being cruel. I'm sure  you did the best you could. The wood and body work is poorly done.

It needs to be done over.  The engine looks like it is well done.

I hope it helps you to understand.

It's a low production car that wasn't popular when new.

Good luck recovering some of your money , you certainly have tried

• Like 2

wood is still being done--  white ash is thicker than the original so slow  deterioration   has   angle iron backing also -paint taken down to bare metal-  tell me what I can do to improve it specifically   -  will take more pictures of wood after being done   --not asking $160,000  also

Greg, that sounds like a VERY good idea. As there are still some mechanical issues also, (transmission ?), you absolutely MUST rely on the collective wisdom here. You have been here for years, and you know we are, for the most part, all pretty good friends. Get the consensus, and unemotionally go with it. That is the way things are. We don't make the rules, we just have to live by them. You will feel better when you get past this. I was your age just a few short years ago. If I had known what things would be like on my 75th birthday, which was a couple of days ago, I would have just dumped so much of my stuff at your age. Get what you really can, no matter how much or little that may be. Cheer up ! Things could be WORSE. And if you are lucky enough to live so long, they WILL be.Today may well be the strongest, healthiest day for the rest of your life. Enjoy every today you have left as much as you possibly can.    

Very best of luck to you, my friend !     -   Carl 

Edited by C Carl
Add two words. (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I  recommend you put it on ebay.  Start it low with no reserve, or a reserve around half your current asking price.  Don't limit sales to US!  Best money will be out of northern Europe.  Make sure you post lots of pictures.  Don't include your estimate of value.  That's a turn-off for many folks.

Good Luck!
Steve

• Like 3

3 hours ago, steveinky said:

I  recommend you put it on ebay.  Start it low with no reserve, or a reserve around half your current asking price.  Don't limit sales to US!  Best money will be out of northern Europe.  Make sure you post lots of pictures.  Don't include your estimate of value.  That's a turn-off for many folks.

Good Luck!
Steve

Where in Kentucky are you, Steve?

4 hours ago, steveinky said:

Hey Dude!  I'm on top of Poverty Ridge south of Berea.

That's cool. I bought a tractor from a guy in Berea several years ago....