LS or 350 motor swap? any bright ideas?

I have a 1980 Camaro I've bought for my first car at 16 and I do a lot of driving so this car is sticking with me threw out my highschool year so I'm wondering if I wanted to do a engine swap would a LS or 350 be a better option? I honestly don't know anything about cars just the basics but if I were to store this car and use it as a daily what would I need to do to get started I have bought the car for $3000 and have about $7000 to flirt with what would be the best option for the car to look, feel, and drive great please send some advice I really need it thanks. 

Sam,

I think the reason no one has responded is that this forum is aimed at preserving the old vehicles, not changing them. What comes to my mind when you ask about an engine swap is "WHY?" A 1980 Camaro when new did "look, feel and drive great". That's why they are so popular. The original drive train, unless there's something wrong with it, should perform satisfactorily as a daily driver -- that's what it was designed to do. Otherwise it's a lot easier and less expensive to fix what is wrong than to begin a complicated redesign, especially if you're not experienced at it. And that would let you spend the extra $7000 on refreshing the paint, chrome and interior to make it a really sharp ride. 

Best wishes with your project.

Don