eMail notifications

Since beginning of June I don't get any mail notifications. I checked out the older threat to this topic (from 2015) and followed/checked the instructions setting my notifications. Didn't help at all.

I also changed my email address in the account settings. Trying two different addresses it worked on both (at least I got the notification to complete the change of email address). Switching back to the old email address which was working until beginning of June I did not receive a notification to complete the change.

It seems like the messages sent with the former address are not coming trough somewhere. I checked spam folders and the inbox on my online account. No new messages at all. Probably there is not even a message sent?

I would like to work with the originally posted email address since all my accounts are set to this. Any hints/tips/ideas?

Thank you!

54 minutes ago, dracenroc said:

It seems like the messages sent with the former address are not coming trough somewhere. I checked spam folders and the inbox on my online account. No new messages at all. Probably there is not even a message sent?

I would like to work with the originally posted email address since all my accounts are set to this. Any hints/tips/ideas?

Since you received emails from the two new email accounts I believe one could correctly assume that emails are being sent from the forum to the old email account as well. I don't think the forum software differentiates between email accounts when sending notifications.  If the old email provider is based in Switzerland and the other two email providers are based in the US (hotmail, gmail, etc.) perhaps that would make a difference.

If are able to receive emails from other people at the old email address, I think you should contact the old email account provider to see if they have spam control software that is catching emails from the forum before they get to your inbox.

I have sent you a Private Message. You should receive an email notifying you of the new PM. Let us know if you got the email.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be sure all your notifications are set properly

1. Click on your username in the upper right corner of this page and select "Account Settings" from the drop down menu.
  2. On the settings page under "Other Settings" on the right select "Notification settings".
  3. On the Notification Settings page (see photo below) look for a check mark in the green box on the right.
  4. If you see that check mark it tells you that the web browser on your computer is allowing this forum to show notifications.
  5. On the Notification Settings page you can select your notification preferences or turn them all off for this website.

Hope this helps.

Screenshot Notification Settings -1.png

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)

One more thing: the last messages I received are from the 12th of June. I remember that exactly on this date my account had been blocked because it was hacked, sending mails all over the world with my account. After resetting  its working again, except the AACA mails. Might be on a "bad list" somewhere....