Cord

Surprising that one at Sotherbys didn't get a little better detailing.  For a car that you are trying for top dollar on and it's over 100 grand,   a day with some chrome polish would go a long ways.  Looks like it's been used a bit since it was awarded the badge.  Fender also had paint damage.  Not big stuff.  A normal used car dealer does a better job detailing. 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2019 at 10:21 PM, auburnseeker said:

Surprising that one at Sotherbys didn't get a little better detailing.  For a car that you are trying for top dollar on and it's over 100 grand,   a day with some chrome polish would go a long ways.  Looks like it's been used a bit since it was awarded the badge.  Fender also had paint damage.  Not big stuff.  A normal used car dealer does a better job detailing. 

So often cars are for sale sue to health reasons and just have to roll with the punches and see the potential. 

It's even in the best interest of the Auction house,  you almost think they would want to have it detailed.  I would have done it when I was a kid for probably nothin g because i love old cars,  but surely seems hiring a mobile detailing guy to spiff it up for the day would give a good return on investment.  

Look at the picture of the bottom of the engine!   Looks like the oil pan is dented in enough to hit the crank shaft or the oil pump.
That kind of dent would concern me.