Reatta Memorabilia Collection

Ronnie

This advertisement was posted in the July edition of the Buick Bugle magazine.  I'm posting this here so forum members can see it who may not get the Bugle.  If there is any objection to this being posted here from the editors of the Bugle or the owners of the collection let me know and I will delete this post.

I thought it was amazing that anyone would collect this much Reatta stuff.  Anything you could think of seems to be in this collection of Reatta Memorabilia.  If you have a big collection post some photos of it here.

I've deleted the contact information from the advertisement to protect the owner of the collections privacy. If anyone is interested in purchasing this collection let me know and I will get you the owners contact information.

1956089896_BuickBugle-2019July-2.thumb.jpg.d415f84edc5ce366de253999a65446a6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure why the contact information was removed from the above picture............

Chuck Parry was an active Reatta member for several years.....the Reatta people went to this collection when the national meet was in Batavia NY.

if you are interested, the contact information is..........315-383-0707  or gm33@twcny.rr.com 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Barney Eaton said:

Not sure why the contact information was removed from the above picture............

I removed the contact information for two reasons.

1. I didn't know if the owner of the collection would want their contact information posted on a forum without their permission. It appears you know the owner and know that they don't mind their private information being posted on a forum.

2. I posted the photo because I wanted the collection to be a topic of discussion, not an advertisement that should be in the Buy/Sell forum.  As you can see, nothing posted on the Reatta forum generates any discussion anymore.  I'm going to stop trying.  I can play the Quiet Game as well as anyone.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I removed the contact information for two reasons.

1. I didn't know if the owner of the collection would want their contact information posted on a forum without their permission. It appears you know the owner and know that they don't mind their private information being posted on a forum.

2. I posted the photo because I wanted the collection to be a topic of discussion, not an advertisement that should be in the Buy/Sell forum.  As you can see, nothing posted on the Reatta forum generates any discussion anymore.  I'm going to stop trying.  I can play the Quiet Game as well as anyone.

One car made for four years and we at one time were challenging the AACA General Topic forum for most posts and now down by 130,000 posts. I guess we are now a help me fix my car cheap and I'll be back for my next repair. No time for posts or to get to know anyone. 

I feel like "The Giving Tree"...

• Like 1

I am a newcomer to this Reatta life and I love it. If it wasn't for all you super knowledgable people that also love the cars,  just think how many other Reattas will be left for dead if it wasn't for your input. I lurk at this forum almost daily and see what new posts are made, and anything else that comes up. Keep up the love, Ronnie, Barney, Daves89 and all the others that keep this forum going. I look forward to many years with this car and the discussions whether be repair help requests, or general banter... I absorb it all. I will try to post more in the future. 

As for this collection, it is very impressive. Hard to believe that someone was so gung ho on our little Reatta. Props. I would love to see the details and close ups of the stuff they have. 

Cheers all

• Like 3

Kevin M as far as neon sign you are referring to if it is the R sunburst logo big sign that sign is florescent bulb and a bit fragile but very nice indeed

the ones i like are the thick black frames to the left up high they back light the pics one was for sale at the national with a $600 price tag on it

that collection is very impressive indeed now i jut need alot of money and a bigger garage lol

• 2 months later...

I am sorry to see the volume down but I think this reflects 2 things. Our core is aging and not as active and second , I see a trend towards younger people discovering our cars.  While I am happy to see younger owners bringing life to the Reattas (and also MG's) of which I own 2 the young people lean toward social media first.  On an almost weekly basis I share links to ROJ and these forums on social media.  It doesnt mean our cars are losing popularity but rather the younger owners use different means to communicate

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:48 AM, SteveT said:

I am sorry to see the volume down but I think this reflects 2 things. Our core is aging and not as active

Steve

I had to laugh as I interpreted this to mean my core, of my body, which is surely aging and not as active.  I know it every time I am laying in the parts car Reatta and need to bring myself to my feet.