1931 chevrolet transmission

• 2 weeks later...

So two transmissions were offered for trucks in 1931.  One was a 3 speed, and the other was a four speed. I think the owners manual has a diagram of both. You can purchase a copy of this manual at "The Filling Station." 31 was the first year for the revised mounting configuration, and a real bell housing as we know them today. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello budd28, I helped another couple in our VCCA Region buy a 31 fire truck a few years ago. If you would to communicate with them let me know. It must have a different rear end than the normal 31 trucks because this is easily a 50 to 55 mph truck. I would be curious if yours is the same. I think regular production trucks were in the 5.75/1 range. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 11:43 AM, a sell said:

Hello budd28, I helped another couple in our VCCA Region buy a 31 fire truck a few years ago. If you would to communicate with them let me know. It must have a different rear end than the normal 31 trucks because this is easily a 50 to 55 mph truck. I would be curious if yours is the same. I think

ular production trucks were in the 5.75/1 range. 

• 1 month later...

Hello Budd28, I sent you a PM back on September 3rd giving you the phone number of the other couple with the 31 fire truck. It looks like you have not accessed that message. In the upper right corner next to your name is an envelope that should be flashing. Click on that to access your Private Messages.